Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO WRITE THIS LETTER????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOW TO WRITE THIS LETTER????

Anyone have a template on a how to write a letter to the CRA on having a co removed due to CA not dv the debt?  Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW TO WRITE THIS LETTER????

loloswims wrote:
Anyone have a template on a how to write a letter to the CRA on having a co removed due to CA not dv the debt?  Thanks

Keep in mind that a CO......would be reported by the OC   if that is the case this letter can NOT be used!  

IF you sent a DV to a CA and they did not VALIDATE within 30 days then it can be used against the CA

read all of it to be sure that you make the changes needed!

My Address

To: CRA
CRA Address
Date: June XX,2006

RE: Account #XXXXXXX/ Arrow Financial Services

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this alleged debt verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that Experian do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.
Arrow Financial Services, Account # XXXXXXXX

On March 21, 2006, Arrow Financial Services received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request. As of today, June XX, 2006, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.

On May 2, 2006, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists or they would have provided it in the previous 3 months since it was requested.

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus. The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.

Sincerely,
You

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know of anyone that has had success in getting something deleted by the CRA's based on letters written to them.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 5 deleted because the CA did not answer the DV letters.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already DV the ca and they never responded back.  My question was by writing to the CRAs will they delete the tradeline when I write to them?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

addresses for the three CRAs????
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should.  Just keep the letter simple.They have no idea what ia DV is....tell them that the CA had 30 days to VALIDATE the debt and could not. By law if they can not validate then they can not legally varify....please delete!

The address is on you CR   I don't have mine available right now.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-02-2008 08:44 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-02-2008 08:44 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently wrote to the all three CRAs and requested a deletion of a negative tradeline due to CMI not validating the debt.  Experian and TU sent me a letter stating the debt had been verified.  What should I do next?  CMI has never responded to any of my letters.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.