Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Loan then waiting 6 months impact?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP Loan then waiting 6 months impact?

So, I am looking at a 2016 LC. I am thinking about pulling to see what terms I will be offered and if they work for me. Question is, if they don't and I don't buy, would redoing this in May on a different vehicle be an issue and what impact would pulling and then not pulling the trigger do if done today?

Scores are 727, 726, 711 (eq has hps showing that are fraudulent and are fighting removal). Car fico is 784, mortgage 789 and cc 799. 2 legit hps on eq (3 not), 1 on experian, 2 on TU.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: HP Loan then waiting 6 months impact?

If it's a single HP, you may or may not lose some points. That's profile dependent, so no one can really tell you how many points are going to be lost (if any)
With that said, you will regain all lost points for HP once it reaches one year.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it look bad applying for a loan and then not taking it?
Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No, not really, but there has to be a better way for you to check rates instead of taking HP for nothing
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone, including NFCU, keep saying they can't tell me what my rate will be unless they do a credit pull. I have asked them to look at their sp history and they won't. Not sure how to get a solid rate without the hp as branch manager said it could be as high as 12%, which is absolutely ridiculous to me. I have a cc with $24k with them and good scores. 1% utilization they see. I don't know.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.