Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP after loan approval!?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

HP after loan approval!?

Hi all,

Two days ago I applied for a $17,000 unsecured personal from my local CU.
They pulled TU (my clean report), approved it then and there and gave me a check for the full loan amount. I cashed the check, and was given a notice that they need 10 days to verify funds. All fairly normal.

Today, two days later, I get a notification from Experian that my CU pulled my credit again. I called the CU, they say there should be no reason why they had done another HP, and told me I could screen shot the HP if I want them to "look into it."

The only reason I'm hesitant about disputing the HP is because Experian is my dirty report. My loan was approved on the TU report which is over 700. If they pulled TU and EX on the same day, that would be normal. But I've never seen a second HP from another bureau two days later. Has this happened to anyone?

Input appreciated.

Current FICO8:
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Legendary Contributor

Re: HP after loan approval!?

It the pull was done after they distributed the amount of the credit, then you have an excellent case for stating that their permissible purpose then reverted to internal account review.  If properly coded as an internal account review, that is treated per se as a soft inquiry, and should not show in credit reports provided to others.

I would contact the creditor and have them correct the coding to show that it was for an internal account review.

Perhaps it was simply a coding mistake on their part......

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: HP after loan approval!?

Thank you for the response.

The HP is now gone from my CR. Strange.

Current FICO8:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.