Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP and The 3 CB

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

HP and The 3 CB

Hey guys so I wanted to know, say that one financial institution pull TU, and say there's only 2 inquiries, in the last 1 or 2 years no inquiries, but would they see how many accounts, age, everything as a whole for the score? Meaning they would only see that bearue right? Could they see the others? For credit card application, they base it off of that and whether they think your responsible as an individual? Reason why I ask is because I recently applied for the AA card and it got denied from Barclay, and the officer told me within the last year or 2 I have over 10 accounts, and in Sept I got 2 cards but those 2 cards never pulled TU so I'm confused...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: HP and The 3 CB

Yes they can see all of the accounts on your report not just the HP.

My personal opinion has always been new accounts carry more weight than inquiries (even though people obsess over HP all the time on this forum)
Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm not sure what you're confused about
When creditor pulls your report, they will see all accounts that are reporting to that particular CRA, regardless of which CRA was pulled when accounts were open.
As far as HP, they will only see ones on that CRA, but that's irrelevant, because they can see the accounts.
Barclay often pulls TU, but they also SP other CRAs, EX primarily.

Bottom line, cant hide anything
Message 3 of 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

It is possible they pulled from other places as well but it may not show up right away sometimes it can take a month or two for some inquiries to pop up 

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a creditor denies you credit and they used a credit report as part of their determination, the denial is then considered as an "adverse action" under FCRA 603(k).

The creditor is required, under FCRA 612(a), to specifically identify in the denial ("adverse action") notice the name of each CRA from which they obtained a credit report that was used in denial.

That then permits you to send a request to that CRA within 60 days after the denial notice, and receive a free copy of your credit report from those CRAs.  

That will inform you exactly what the creditor saw from each identified CRA.  

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:
I'm not sure what you're confused about
When creditor pulls your report, they will see all accounts that are reporting to that particular CRA, regardless of which CRA was pulled when accounts were open.
As far as HP, they will only see ones on that CRA, but that's irrelevant, because they can see the accounts.
Barclay often pulls TU, but they also SP other CRAs, EX primarily.

Bottom line, cant hide anything

+1 

@TheBoondocks, keep in mind that a variety of lenders have adjusted their UW algorithms to SP another CR in addition to the primary HP being used.  Barclays, HSBC, Comenity, Commerce and a plethora of others tend to do this. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.