Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPs from Dual Bureaus and Inquiry Counts

tag
joesbrat67
Contributor

HPs from Dual Bureaus and Inquiry Counts

This may sound like a stupid question, but here goes:

If I apply for a card and the bank does a dual HP (ex: TU and EQ, or EX and EQ), is it still considered one inquiry or two?  I believe it's one, but some that I have chatted with say otherwise.

Also, which CC companies combine HPs?  How does that work?

Active Cards:

Sock Drawer Cards:

Cards in consideration for 2019:

FICO Scores as of 04/24/2019:

Peak FICO Scores - Prior 90 Days:

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HPs from Dual Bureaus and Inquiry Counts

@joesbrat67 wrote:

This may sound like a stupid question, but here goes:

If I apply for a card and the bank does a dual HP (ex: TU and EQ, or EX and EQ), is it still considered one inquiry or two?  I believe it's one, but some that I have chatted with say otherwise. - counts as one inquiry in each bureau so it's a total of 2

Also, which CC companies combine HPs?  How does that work? -that varies and can be hit or miss.  What that means is that if you apply for more then one credit product in a short time period, the creditor will only do one HP and use that for both applications as opposed to doing one for each.  Amex is known to do this and so does a few others.  In general, you would need to ask for whatever you are considering if they do this but most importantly alaways assume that one or more HP will be done for every type of application that you do and that includes CLIs (unless the creditor specifically says it will be a SP).  Having said all that the negative effect of inquiries is greatly overstated in most cases.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.