Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Dispute

I sent a dispute into Equifax regarding a charge off account with Orchard/HSBC from 2003. I received a letter from HSBC today:

Dear cfstr1:

We have received your recent request regarding your Account issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

This letter is in response to your credit bureau dispute. In order to process your dispute, the following information is needed:

The full name on your Account
The Account number (full or partial)
Your Social Security number
Your current address
A detailed explanation of your request
A copy of the page(s) from your credit report indicating the Account referenced in your request.

Upon receipt of this information we will process your request. Please mail to blah, blah, blah or fax to expedite.

If you have any questions, please call 503-686-2299 and leave a detailed message, etc.

I AM NOT GOING TO SEND THEM ANYTHING. Their letter is dated August 12, 2007 and my dispute was dated 7/24/07 with Equifax over the phone. This is reporting twice on my credit report OC and CA. CA Chargedoff but that was a collection. So I disputed as a duplicate. Equifax sent a credit report stating the account remains, but it is still listed as in dispute, but obviously HSBC cannot verify and this should be deleted. Right??? Is Equifax playing with me in hopes of verifying?

If they cannot verify the account, how should I proceed? Should I redispute.

Message Edited by cfstr1 on 08-18-2007 04:10 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hi Guys!!! What do you think?

cfstr1 wrote:
I sent a dispute into Equifax regarding a charge off account with Orchard/HSBC from 2003. I received a letter from HSBC today:

Dear cfstr1:

We have received your recent request regarding your Account issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

This letter is in response to your credit bureau dispute. In order to process your dispute, the following information is needed:

The full name on your Account
The Account number (full or partial)
Your Social Security number
Your current address
A detailed explanation of your request
A copy of the page(s) from your credit report indicating the Account referenced in your request.

Upon receipt of this information we will process your request. Please mail to blah, blah, blah or fax to expedite.

If you have any questions, please call 503-686-2299 and leave a detailed message, etc.

I AM NOT GOING TO SEND THEM ANYTHING. Their letter is dated August 12, 2007 and my dispute was dated 7/24/07 with Equifax over the phone. This is reporting twice on my credit report OC and CA. CA Chargedoff but that was a collection. So I disputed as a duplicate. Equifax sent a credit report stating the account remains, but it is still listed as in dispute, but obviously HSBC cannot verify and this should be deleted. Right??? Is Equifax playing with me in hopes of verifying?

If they cannot verify the account, how should I proceed? Should I redispute.

You could dispute it online they dont usually req id then.  if you need a free report to dispute and havent gotten one yet go to www.annualcreditreport.com.  use the link to your bureau and dispute online. You will have verified your identity then.

If your copy of your report is current go here: http://www.equifax.com/online-credit-dispute/  and initiate an online dispute.  They do at times request verification of identity for telephone and always for mail disputes.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy,

I don't have a problem with the CRA's and my identity. I am able to file disputes without problem. This letter is from HSBC and is in response to my dispute issued with Equifax. HSBC wants me to provide them my full info/account number before they can process Equifax's dispute on my behalf. I just thought it sounded fishy and that HSBC obviously cannot verify the account and that is why HSBC is asking for my identity and account info and credit report. I think that EQ should delete if HSBC cannot verify the account right?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see said the blind man.  The CRAs should have provided that when they bounced the dispute to them. At least their account info and dates. Sounds like they are trying to figure out if they boo boo'd you with someone else's info.  I'd call them and ask what they need it for since the info that they were reporting should have been bounced back to them with the dispute.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Dispute

Bump
Message 5 of 10
Pants
Regular Contributor

Have you ever got an HSBC Customer Service Rep who can speak English? Half the CR Reps I can't understand. Even when they telemarket the disability insurance thing. I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying about a half dozen times. Where are these people from India?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LEt me clarify. Is the account showing duplilcate or is it showing once as the HSBC account and the second time as the CO with the CA?  If it is showing multiple times under the second scenario, it can continue to build negative reports from different CAs each time it is sold.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If EQ sent you something stating that the account remains, I would think that they verified the debt with HSBC.  Since HSBC realized that you are trying to get it removed, it looks as if they want you to acknowledge/verify the debt so that they can collect.  Isn't it normal for the consumer to request verification from the creditor not vice versa?  

I don't know but I have disputed my own accounts as well as those of my Mom through the CRA's and never once have either of us received correspondence from the OC as a result. 
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got an email from experian were some things i disputed were changed and one of the things that was removed was the collection agency that HSBC had sent their account to i paid it off and reported it as duplicate and i never got anything from HSBC wanting me to verify anything
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is funny is that EQ still shows this as an open dispute when I go-online.

I think I am going to let this be for now. It is due to drop off in 2009 anyways.

Message Edited by cfstr1 on 08-20-2007 07:14 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.