Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to call the BOA Fraud line today!

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Had to call the BOA Fraud line today!

So today I used my BOA Secured card and a convenience store and when I got to work, I got a notification of a .64 cent charge to my credit card. I looked online and it wasn't anyplace that I had heard of so I call customer service and say that it wasn't my charge......while I am on the phone with them, I get three more alerts....2 from Ace Hardware both for $225 and 1 from St Jude for $5. So they had me call the fraud department and my card got closed and a new one issued....said I would receive it in about 5 days. It's just crazy, because the alerts have my card number on them, but I still have the card. I did order something from Wish.com, but I used Shop Safe.....I thought that the shop safe numbers could only be sued for the amounts you set up......the only other transaction was Walmart.com. I hope this is the only card of mine that got compromised.

I see that some people lock their credit down......does it cost to lock your credit? How do you do it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had to call the BOA Fraud line today!

Freezing your credit wont stop what happened from happening again. It only prevents people from applying for new credit in your name. You have to contact the credit bureaus to do it and they do charge a small fee I believe.
Message 2 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Freezing your credit wont stop what happened from happening again. It only prevents people from applying for new credit in your name. You have to contact the credit bureaus to do it and they do charge a small fee I believe.

Right.......That's why I want to lock it down.......I saw one inquiry that I don't believe that I made. I want to make sure no one can get credit in my name. Since I don't plan on applying for anymore cards for at least a year I would really like to lock it down.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

May need to just have the card closed out for potential fraud, and possible get another one reissued. You can never be too safe with these things.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
May need to just have the card closed out for potential fraud, and possible get another one reissued. You can never be too safe with these things.

The OP already said they closed it and reissued another one....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.