Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy New Year! 2019 goals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year! 2019 goals?

Happy New Year to the MF community!

With a new year, often we make resolutions or set goals.  I'm curious what everyone has set for their credit-related goals this year?  Maybe it's a debt reduction goal, a score improvement goal, or something else?  Please share yours. 

My goal is to continue gardening.  I opened no new accounts in 2018 and my goal is to not open any in 2019 either.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: Happy New Year! 2019 goals?

Same as you, no new accounts in 2018 and most likely the same for 2019. Gone are the days of getting a credit card just because you can...

Message 2 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I would like to cultivate the ability to refrain from applying for new credit, and watch my scores rise.

But I think I said that last year.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

-garden

-crack 700 on 2/3 CRA's(EX/TU)

-pay down debt to maximize AZEO

-get these 2 baddies off my reports this year( 1 is set to fall off in June, going to EE this month, other is just under 2 years, by goodwilling)

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a secondary goal, in 2019 I also want to see if I can max out any non-FICO 8 Classic scores, such as BCE 8 for example.  I was able to hit triple-850's in 2018 on Classic 8, but have not topped out any other scoring models.  With sticking to my first goal of gardening all year, I may be able to squeeze out a few more points on some scoring models with my AAoA growing > 7 years and my AoYA hitting 2 years this coming spring.

Message 5 of 26
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

AnimatedgardeningSmiley.gif   GARDEN!!!

I do NOT need anymore CCs.. The only HP I want to take for 2019 is for PenFed checking to activate my 2% PCR Cash back..

The other goal is to get all those dang Affirm CFAs off my EX report!

I've disputed the positive TLs so we'll see what happens there.

If no joy, I have a few more ideas on getting them to delete..

Have a Fabulous Fico Year everyone!! aaaaapartysmileysphotobucketkima.gif

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I promised my dog I would get the AKC Visa for her this year, for real this time.
Message 7 of 26
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

I do NOT need anymore CCs.. The only HP I want to take for 2019 is for PenFed checking to activate my 2% PCR Cash back..

Since you're already a Penfed member it shouldn't be a HP to open checking, just for new credit. And Penfed doesn't seem to use Chex or EWS, I've pulled those reports well after joining Penfed and didn't see any inquiries from them.

My goal well, requirement, is to pay down my CC debt in the form of 0% BTs & intro rates:

- Cap One Spark BT, 0% ends on 3/19/19 statement: Current balance $2,187, $700 payment scheduled for 1/14, just need to repeat those payments in Feb & March out of cashflow

- Amex 15 month 0% intro ends 7/9/19: Current balance $3,475. Can get it down to under $2k from cash flow, will have to borrow the rest from 5.25% HELOC.

- BoA 12 month 0% ends 8/11/19: Current balance $1,285. Can pay this off from cash flow.

- Cap One QS, 0% BT ends 10/19/19: Current balance $8,525 - CL is $20k, so under 50% util, but this is the biggie. Will have to use HELOC to pay this off.

A bit of splurge spending with all the 0% tossed my way, but I knew the $25k HELOC would cover me from getting hit with high CC interest, and I kept the HELOC to under 80% LTV for the lowest Prime + 0% interest, and the minimum payments are interest only (Penfed).

Message 8 of 26
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Since you're already a Penfed member it shouldn't be a HP to open checking, just for new credit. And Penfed doesn't seem to use Chex or EWS, I've pulled those reports well after joining Penfed and didn't see any inquiries from them.

My goal well, requirement, is to pay down my CC debt in the form of 0% BTs & intro rates:

- Cap One Spark BT, 0% ends on 3/19/19 statement: Current balance $2,187, $700 payment scheduled for 1/14, just need to repeat those payments in Feb & March out of cashflow

- Amex 15 month 0% intro ends 7/9/19: Current balance $3,475. Can get it down to under $2k from cash flow, will have to borrow the rest from 5.25% HELOC.

- BoA 12 month 0% ends 8/11/19: Current balance $1,285. Can pay this off from cash flow.

- Cap One QS, 0% BT ends 10/19/19: Current balance $8,525 - CL is $20k, so under 50% util, but this is the biggie. Will have to use HELOC to pay this off.

A bit of splurge spending with all the 0% tossed my way, but I knew the $25k HELOC would cover me from getting hit with high CC interest, and I kept the HELOC to under 80% LTV for the lowest Prime + 0% interest, and the minimum payments are interest only (Penfed).

Thank you..Hats off.gif

I'll have to call them.

I've started the process a couple times online but it always had the warning of a HP, perhaps that's just for new members.

I'm going to call tomorrow and if I can open without a HP, you'll be my hero! 

Well, perhaps you're a hero in either case..

Thanks a bunch! 000thankyou-1.gif

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy New Year to the MF community!

With a new year, often we make resolutions or set goals.  I'm curious what everyone has set for their credit-related goals this year?  Maybe it's a debt reduction goal, a score improvement goal, or something else?  Please share yours. 

My goal is to continue gardening.  I opened no new accounts in 2018 and my goal is to not open any in 2019 either.

My reports are on ice and I plan to keep them there all of 2019 and 2020 because I hope to be selling my house and getting a new mortgage in early 2021.  I plan on letting my accounts age and to clear out ALL my many inquiries.

Happy New Year to everyone in My Fico land!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.