cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiries Expire?

RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiries Expire?

Mine seem to fall off differently with each bureau, but by the end of the month.

TCL: $306,100Utiliz: 6%AAoA: 5yrs 2mOther: Lease, Loan, *No MortgageCollections-Lates-BK's: 0

LWS-35k | BOA-50k | AMX-32.4k | DISC-33.6k | ALNT-25k | NFCU-33k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CSE-10k | CP1-10k | CITI-11.7k | PF-38.4k

Message 11 of 14
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

@mattun wrote:

I had something weird where two TU inquires that are due to expire this month vanished in April.  Then they came back a week later.  It was like they were messing with me with a mini R*.

Seems to be a common theme around here with TU lately.  There are guys that have reported having 15+ inquiries on TU and all of them vanish for a month or two then come back.  When you're talking that many inquiries, it can yo-yo your score a bit.

Message 12 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Mine seem to fall off differently with each bureau, but by the end of the month.

Thanks again all.  My EQ and Tu hard pulls fell off on the exact day for 2 years, just verified it.

Message 13 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FCRA does not regulate the exclusion/deletion of inquiries from consumer credit reports.

The deletion is purely an administrative determination by each CRA, and can happen earlier or later, purely at the discretion of the CRA.

If inquries are not deleted after two years, the best one can do is contact the CRA with an informal request for their removal.

There is no formal basis for requiring removal.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.