Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard inquiry fallen off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard inquiry fallen off

6 Hard inquiries fallen off of my reports yesterday and I am thinking of becoming a member of PenFed ASAP but I am not sure if I have fo wait for sometime, how long will it take for all bureau's to update credit reports?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard inquiry fallen off

I am not sure I understand.  You mention that you have six inquires that have fallen off.  If they have fallen off then the reports are updated.  Have you pulled your reports?  And have the inquiries fallen off?

BTW, inquires older than one year don't affect one's FICO score.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as per CK six inquiries gone now... I think you are right I should request a copy of all three reports before I app for anything. Shall I request a copy before or after bringing the UTI down to around 8%? Currently it's under 30%
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is painless for you to pay your cards down I would do that first.  Ideally I'd use the AZEO method (since PenFed will be doing a hard pull and you'd like to look as good as possible) but all cards at under 8% is a good second-best.

If Karma says your inquries have fallen off then they have.  And that covers TU and EQ.  The only remaining report would be Experian.  You can get that by signing up at creditscore.com -- you'll get a free EX report and FICO 8 each month.  If I were you I would wait until Tues before you sign up just to give EX a few days extra.  On the other hand you may be planning to pay your balances down first which will take you a month or so.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a plan, will do that.

Thanks CreditGuy! & have a nice weekend 😊
Message 5 of 20
rbentley
Established Contributor

I recently had 4 inquiries hit the one year mark and no longer count against my score.  One on 10/29 and the other 3 on 11/1.  My scores on the effected bureaus went up on those days.  There was no delay or "catching up."

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unclear if OP meant 1 year drop off for scoring or visible drop off at 2 years. I'm guessing 2 year drop off based on PenFed reference.
Message 7 of 20
rbentley
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's unclear if OP meant 1 year drop off for scoring or visible drop off at 2 years. I'm guessing 2 year drop off based on PenFed reference.

CK drops inquiries off your dashboard at the one year mark because they do no longer effect scoring.  Because he referenced CK, I think his inquiries are only one year old and will still be on his CRB reports but not effecting his scores.  It is actually irrelevent to his question.  In either the one year scoring bump or the 2 year inquiry history, the removal is swift and automatic.  There is no lag or "catching up" as he fears.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK doesn't remove HPs older than 1 year on their dashboard/front end software, I just checked and they're all there under "Score Details". Experian on the other hand does because it lists "inquiries in the last 12 months", but once you click on report, HPs are still there until 2 years. Also, we have enough data point to conclude HPs do not factor into FICO scoring beyond 1 year, not sure we can say the same about Vantage yet.
Message 9 of 20
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I can tell you that my EX VS dropped 7 points with my Chase HP today. When I checked CCT an hour ago, EX updated FICO and it didn't even hiccup. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.