cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used GW letter with CPA with OC being Charter Communications (cable co)?

tag
veerob982003
Established Member

Has anyone used GW letter with CPA with OC being Charter Communications (cable co)?

I have a paid collections account with Credit Protection Association for Charter Communications.  I paid this account in full back in 2005 before I knew anything about PFDs.  Smiley Sad  Anyway, I contacted CPA and they refused to remove the negative collection information.  According to CPA, the only to have this information removed is to contact Charter Communications and ask Charter to submitt in writing a request to CPA for removal and CPA will remove the negative information.  I have written a GW letter to Charter, put my comments on PlanetFeedback and called Charter's billing dept.  The billing office at Charter is just giving me the run around.  I have disconnected so many times and had to re-tell my request. I am sick of CPA and Charter.  Help with any advice or suggestions!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone used GW letter with CPA with OC being Charter Communications (cable co)?

CPA is horrible im dealing with them now they have 2 accounts on my CR's that dont belong to me with different SSN and they know it but still wont remove them ive been disputing them for over a year and they still refuse to remove them even though they know that they arent even mine.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone used GW letter with CPA with OC being Charter Communications (cable co)?

Per the FCRA it is illegal to report esp. when they know the information is incorrect. You may have legal recourse. I suggest you see an attorney about the accounts you have been disputing for 1 year.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Google is your friend:

Charter Communications Neil Smit, CEO neil.smit@chartercom.com ph: 314-965-0555

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.