Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have one credit breau that is way lower than other two

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have one credit breau that is way lower than other two

I have just recently found out that my Experian score is almost 40 points lower than my transunion and equifx.  I got to comparing and found out that alot of my accounts that have been paid off in the last 4 years are not on the Experian report including the one that has my longest open credit history.  It is a small bank from a small town.  I called them and ask how they report and they told me that they report to CSC and they are the ones who reported to the credit breaus and the bank had no controll which ones they reported to and that they could not help me.   Can any one please help me.  Is there a way i get all 8 line items to be recognized and added by EXpeerian.  Without these items on my report i am only showing five years of credit instead of 19years.  I know that this is ailling my score. All these accounts are in good standing and have never been paid late.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Have one credit breau that is way lower than other two

the creditor controls who they report to, not the other way around.  CSC is really Equifax, in some regions of the country (like Texas).  aside from asking the creditors to report, there's really nothing you can do.  you cannot directly ask the credit bureaus to report the information.

by the way, was this an actual FICO score?  it's near impossible to get one without shopping for a mortgage.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The creditor, apparently through their agent, CSC, deleted the account upon payment.  Normally they dont delete the entire account, they just enter a status code to show it was paid in good standing.  But there are no provisions of the FCRA that I am aware of that makes this illegal, or disputable.  Yes, it probably hurt, but I am not aware of a grounds for disputing this.

As far as dealing with CSC, here is a verbatim quote about CSC  taken from the Equifax.com/answers web site:     

“Who is CSC Credit Services?
         “CSC Credit Services is a separate company, not owned by Equifax, which operates

locally in some parts of the country. Similar to Equifax, CSC Credit Services

owns credit files and they are reported through the Equifax credit reporting

system. If your file is owned by CSC Credit Services you should initiate your

dispute activity directly with CSC Credit Services.

“For a dispute write to:

CSC Credit Services
           PO Box 619054
           Dallas, TX 75261-9054

"For a fraud dispute write to:

CSC Credit Services
          PO Box 619046
          Dallas, TX 75261-9046 “

IF you do dispute, you have a legal right to do so directly with CSC

Under the definition provided in FCRA 603(f), they regularly assemble or evaluate consumer credit information for the purpose of supplying that informtion that ultimatelyt enters into your consumer credit report.   Thus, they are legally a "credit reporting agency" under FCRA 603(f), and thus also subject to any and all of the dispute procedures under the FCRA,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we were applying for a mortgage  and the compnay is the one that told me about it.

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just recently found out that my Experian score is almost 40 points lower than my transunion and equifx.  I got to comparing and found out that alot of my accounts that have been paid off in the last 4 years are not on the Experian report including the one that has my longest open credit history.  It is a small bank from a small town.  I called them and ask how they report and they told me that they report to CSC and they are the ones who reported to the credit breaus and the bank had no controll which ones they reported to and that they could not help me.   Can any one please help me.  Is there a way i get all 8 line items to be recognized and added by EXpeerian.  Without these items on my report i am only showing five years of credit instead of 19years.  I know that this is ailling my score. All these accounts are in good standing and have never been paid late.

They're paid off, but are they open or closed? If they're still open, but unused, they should be reported. If they're closed, Equifax is bad about stopping reporting old closed accounts, and there seems to be no way to get them back.

CSC is a pain to deal with from all I've read. And as the others said, it's Equifax, not Experian.

If it's a mortgage you're applying for. they're going to go with your middle score, which presumably is one of the others, and the lowest score doesn't matter. But it's true that many other lenders (credit cards etc) will pull only one, and if they're an EQ-puller, this is a problem.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information sorry it took so long went to work .   I will work on it. How do you find out which credit cards pull form what brreau.

Thanks again Stephan

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As for credit bureau pulls, you best bet is to read posts over on the Credit Cards forum, and/ or post a thread.

If you're trying to avoid EQ-pullers, you might make that your thread title. Something like "Which CC's don't pull EQ?"

But this can vary by the parts of the country and for other reasons, so it's not guaranteed that you might not wind up with an EQ pull after all.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.