Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have two questions about freezing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have two questions about freezing

Was thinking about freezing to force myself to garden. I have two questions:

1- will I still be able to access info on things like credit karma, sesame, etc?

2- will my current lenders do AA because I've frozen my reports ?

I'm not trying to hide anything on my reports, I just want to make it more of a process for me to apply in the future so I don't impulse app
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have two questions about freezing

1. Yes

2. No

Message 2 of 6
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Yes

2. No

+1

I will add my experience. I tried doing what you are suggesting but found that if I really wanted to app I just lifted the freeze and apped anyway. My point is that it will not keep you from applying. It will just give you one extra hoop to jump through in order to do so. 

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Your current creditors can always get thru any freeze to maintain their account relationship with you.
Message 4 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

After freezing everything, it took a good week or bit longer to really get over the urge to app for stuff I really didn't need. I have 5 cards but only use 2 of them on a daily basis, personally.

I told myself that if I wasn't using all of my current cards every few months that other than setting up a small personal loan to boost my scores & a car loan in the future, I didn't need to app for anything anymore.

It was like quitting smoking a few years back for me, just keep your mind occupied with other things & before you know it the urges will go away. Smiley Very Happy

I still keep my stuff frozen just because I think it's a good thing to do personally anyways.

Message 5 of 6
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I think freezing helps if the issue is impulse control. I think it also helps to focus on other things and stay away from the credit card forums for a few months.  Your score may then show the benefit of no new accounts and that may also provide an incentive to not app.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.