Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

tag
pembrokepride
Contributor

Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

Not sure if this is in the right place mods please move if needed. I just wanted to give a heads up to other members. I got this e-mail today claiming to be a security notice from PayPal what caught my attention right away was the opening where it say "Dear valued customer" sent up red flags. It ask you to download and submit a form that asks for all your personal information including social security# , DOB and PayPal credit/debt card #. Called PayPal sure enough it is not from them and they asked me to forward the e-mail to them. I know most members here would know this was fishy but I wanted to let people know. I am not sure if this is isolated or widespread fraud attempts. If anyone needs the e-mail address where PayPal asked me to forward it to just PM me.

To

Today at 7:02 AM

Dear Valued Customer,

Our security system has detected that you have changed your PayPal email address.

However, we have reverted the email address back to its original settings.

If you feel that an unauthorized person has changed your email, download the form
attachment
in this email and fill in your personal details in the form in order to keep
your original email and to restore your PayPal account.

Please do understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and
your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

PayPal

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

Anything not addressed to you (name) is always a guaranteed spoof ....for PayPal and Ebay Smiley Sad. I would start to look closer only if I would get it addressed to me personally...just deleted one from PP yesterday but I do not even read them anymore...it is to often I get such strange mails Smiley Sad
Edit: and attachements are always a no go
Message 2 of 3
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Heads up PayPal attempted fraud

Thanks for the notification,    I have Paypal as well and from time to time I get these as well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.