cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change Smiley Sad I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Please help
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to send to them Certified Mail.

Do not call them EVER!!!

Any chance you had Nextel?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEs... However I already sent them disputing the alleged debt. I sent them the disputes by FAX. and it has been over 30 days. Should I start over all again .. this time sending by CMMR? What if they dont reply to me this time again within 30 days and still continue to report? I really do not want to litigate.. However, I will take my chances if necessary? Is there any way to have these deleted without litigation?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

badHeadache wrote:
Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change Smiley Sad I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?

If you signed a contract for 2 years & leave the country for 1 year, the bill is yours!
If you never had service to begin with........

Sprint is the OC
Collection of America is a CA {collection agency)

Call sprint & see if they have your records.
Send a DV to CA...in it add that you want documentation with your signiture and all account history. DO NOT SIGN IT!!!!  type everything and send CMRRR

Never talk to a CA on the phone!!!!! they lie!
Check your state SOL    also see if the CA must be licensed in your state

Keep copies of all letters & RRR
IF you never had this service send a complaint to the FCC  www.ftc.gov

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.