Did you mean: 

Hello Question about "DISP INVG COMP-CONSUM DISAGRS"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Question about "DISP INVG COMP-CONSUM DISAGRS"

Hello,

Perhaps someone can clarify with me what "DISP INVG COMP-CONSUM DISAGRS" 

I am in the middle of disputing a late payment with Wells Fargo and I just pulled my report and under WF it says this "DISP INVG COMP-CONSUM DISAGRS", and now that entire account has been paid off, but I am troubled by whtat that means.

Any help would be appreiciated. The Trans Union dispute area on their website does not give you enough characters to tell the story.

Thank You So Much,

DA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Hello Question about "DISP INVG COMP-CONSUM DISAGRS"

This means you most of disputed this account.... it means Investigation complete, consumer disagrees

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

First, it records the important fact that the CRA has updated the dispute status to completed, meaning you no longer have a pending dispute.

The important scoring implication is that while a dispute is pending, FICO disregards certain OC account information in its scoring, such as derogs.

With the dispute showing as completed (i.e., the CRA sent its formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which is the formal closing of a dispute), your scoring should be returned to normal.

Whenever a dispute is concluded, if the consumer disagrees, they have the right under the FCRA to place a brief comment in their credit report stating their disagreement.

It does not alter the finding of the dispute,but advises anyone doing a manual review that you stilll do not agree.  It means nothing legally.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same remark for a dispute from 2006. I made the charge (the charge itself wasn't fraudulent) but I never received the product I paid for. Now I just want this remark removed from, does it help if I tell the issuer (Citi CC) that I agree with their finding? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.