cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative items.

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative items.

Ok, I need help on where I can pull my credit report and see exactly what the people at the bank or broker see. Because I've pulled my credit report from all 3 places and don't see a few things that are showing up. I don't like being surprised and it has happened before when I went to get a car loan. A mysterious negative item popped up to them that I owed $65 to U.S. Bank. Which they never tried to contact me about, but that's not the point.

What system do they use to see these things I can't? And how can I get a full report with everything like that? It doesn't seem fair that they can hide these things untill you're ready to get a loan and then you've wasted your time because of the negative item denies you a loan.

Thanks ahead of time.

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report?

There shouldn't be anything "hidden."  You just have to make sure you have credit reports from all three CR's.  There are often things that only report to one agency and not the other.  If you have all three reports you should know everything they have.
Message 2 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

hmm, but I've printed all 3 reports from all 3 CR's and they show everything is good

but when i went down to the place to get a car loan, it shows that i owe money
not from any credit cards or loans, but it shows i owe money to U.S. Bank for a ridiculous overdraft charge I assume.
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Message 3 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Bruiser wrote:
hmm, but I've printed all 3 reports from all 3 CR's and they show everything is good

but when i went down to the place to get a car loan, it shows that i owe money
not from any credit cards or loans, but it shows i owe money to U.S. Bank for a ridiculous overdraft charge I assume.

First, pull all 3 of your reports from this website and they will comes with scores.  These are your FICO scores and are the only ones that matter.

Second, click the link below, credit 101, courtesy of Tuscani

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-08-2007 02:13 PM
Message 4 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

I have my 3 scores and everything printed out.

The scores don't help much if I have negative items preventing me from getting a loan though.

Is this a different system that they pull from to get certain info like what is showing up. It's not just one place pulling that negative item either, it's many.
Message 5 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Bruiser wrote:
I have my 3 scores and everything printed out.

The scores don't help much if I have negative items preventing me from getting a loan though.

Is this a different system that they pull from to get certain info like what is showing up. It's not just one place pulling that negative item either, it's many.

What are your scores and what are the negatives?  Are there late payments, collections, judgments, charge offs, maybe high util on your cc's.  Believe me if I cannot help you others at this forum can.  We do want to help, just try and be specific about the negatives and please give dates.
Message 6 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

transunion: 625
experian: 621
equifax: 642

i filed for bankruptcy 2 years ago
i have since cleaned up all items that needed to be taken off

my only concern is that there is a negative item showing up when i go to a car dealer or a mortgage broker that does not show up on any of my credit reports

the negative item is from U.S. Bank that I owe them $65 from 3/2004
i assume this is from an overdraft charge, but they never contacted me about, this bank account has been closed for years
this is not a credit card or loan from them

Message 7 of 26
Beledona
Regular Contributor

1.  Just contact the places that are getting this info and ask what credit record they are getting this info from 
2.  Contact them and explain.  See if they will remove it.  
3.  If not and it is worth it to you pay for it and get a PFD (Pay for Delete) or not (not everyone will consider it) but get a letter stating you have paid in full and send it to the places that the car company or morgage company are getting the info from. 
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Us Bank report to Chex Systems not to the credit bureaus.  I have all my accts with them and I noticed I had a balance due when trying to open a business acct. with them. 
Message 9 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

thank you ncyjse

know why they would pull from chex systems when trying to get a car/house? or is that normal?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.