cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative items.

tag
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report?

Beledona, thanks
i'm going to try those as well, even if i have to go with a PFD
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 11 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Bruiser wrote:
thank you ncyjse

know why they would pull from chex systems when trying to get a car/house? or is that normal?

Ordinarily, over draft protection, common to have, is actually a line of credit and it often reports to the CRA's.  What I am thinking here is the auto dealers might be checking a database to see if you have bounced checks.  When you applied were you offering to pay with a check?  Just a thought.  This would explain why you cannot find the negative on your reports. This whole thing seems odd though.  I'm not sure if consumers can access this same database. 
Message 12 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Also, I do not know if you can PFD the company or database reporting this negative info on you, afterall its not a creditor.  Let's wait and see if someone has experienced this same thing.

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-10-2007 08:01 PM
Message 13 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Yeah, it would be nice to know if someone else has experienced the same thing I did.

The Chex Systems makes perfect sense though. And I did tell them I would pay by check.
Although one place ran my report before they asked me about payment method. They pulled the same U.S. Bank info as the other.
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Message 14 of 26
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden

Bruiser, where did you pull your credit report?  As for hidden items, my girlfriend ran into the same problem.  We pulled her credit report from one of the "free" annual credit report websites that gives you your credit report from all 3 CRAs.  She had no negative items listed.  When she went to apply for a car loan days later, she found out she had 4 collections accounts for medical bills from 5 years ago that weren't her's.  MyFICO listed them though, but they were "hidden" when pulled from another site.

It's not pleasant, and rather embarassing to have those things pop up.
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Us Bank report to Chex Systems not to the credit bureaus. I have all my accts with them and I noticed I had a balance due when trying to open a business acct. with them.

How would I go about contacting chex systems? Thanks.
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:

How would I go about contacting chex systems? Thanks.

http://www.chexhelp.com/
Be sure to do a FACTA request for both Chex Systems and DPPS/Scan. Wasn't anything on either of mine, but it was nice to know info.
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative items.

Bruiser,

Have you actually been denied credit? If so, then by law they are required to notify you in writing as to the reason for the denial. They have to provide the name and address of the CRA(s) contacted.

With that denial in hand, you're entitled to a free copy of your report from that bureau(s). Nothing hidden, spooky, or Area 51 only access. Whatever they saw when you were denied will be shown to you when you get your report. If you're looking at your report on TC, SW, CreditExpert, PrivacyGuard, or any of a myriad of other products, you'll see what they saw.

Message 18 of 26
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative

I have always found that when you go to the dispute section of each of the CRA's, that is where you will see everything in much greater detail especailly your negatives. Even if you don't dispute anything.  Experian buries  their's there.  Trauns Union and Eq have them more out in the open, but when you go to the dispute section you will have much more detail with all three.

You also have to remember banks and auto dealerships and mortgage lenders  have acces to the lesser know credit reporting, there are ones such as checksytems that will post negatives about your banking history and there are other little ones that Utility companies will use as well as landlords, so it's not always the big 3.     That's why they say when looking for a large loan to make sure everything, EVERYTHING is current, rent, utility bills, make sure your checking accounts are ok etc.  
Message 19 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative

Thanks for all the info everyone. I just sent off for my chex and scan system report on that website you gave.

Yeah, they showed me the report and I saw the U.S. Bank negative item, but it looked to be different than in the credit report. I should have asked more questions. I'm also going to ask what systems they use to do a check. But that chex systems seems to be the one they used along with my credit report.

I've used TrueCredit and MyFico to run all 3 of my credit reports. Nothing out of the ordinary has showed up. So it has to be that chex system that is showing the U.S. Bank item.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.