cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative items.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative

Bruiser wrote:

Yeah, they showed me the report and I saw the U.S. Bank negative item
it has to be that chex system that is showing the U.S. Bank item.

Most likely it's Chexsystems, but there are others out there as well.

Innovis, Telecheck and Teletrack are the next most likely candidates.
Message 21 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

Re: Help - How to find everything on your credit report? There seems to be some hidden negative

Noah_Bodie wrote:

Bruiser wrote:

Yeah, they showed me the report and I saw the U.S. Bank negative item
it has to be that chex system that is showing the U.S. Bank item.

Most likely it's Chexsystems, but there are others out there as well.

Innovis, Telecheck and Teletrack are the next most likely candidates.

It was Chex Systems! I just got a letter back from them stating it showing on my Chex Systems report. That's the only negative item on it. Now I need to contact the bank and see what I can do. Would a GW letter work any magic?

Also, to get my report I just called it in and it took about 5 business days.
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bruiser wrote:

It was Chex Systems! I just got a letter back from them stating it showing on my Chex Systems report. That's the only negative item on it. Now I need to contact the bank and see what I can do. Would a GW letter work any magic?

Is it legit adverse reporting? If so, you might give GW a try.

In the past at least, ChexSystems has been a bear to get things deleted--whether the furnisher deleted or the information was not correct. People have had to sue to get them to investigate and comply with FCRA. Things may have changed after the federal courts smacked 'em around a bit.

Message 23 of 26
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

I'll try the Gw letter, thanks again.

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the book Credit Scores & Credit Reports the author makes mention of "raw data in credit reports - regularly scored by FICO scoring models - that are never seen by consumers because these data do not appear on their credit reports.  These raw data show up on machine readable credit reports used by lenders and their scoring models, but not on the more familiar reports disclosed to consumers".  I have not seen any other book talk about or elaborate on what information that secret data contains.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is one of those raw values, but it's only one I know of. Probably a few others.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.