cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Fico's

tag
movinonup

Help With Fico's

Hello everyone, I will try to be as accurate as possible. My family and I are trying to raise my ficos enough to qualify for a mortgage on a mobile home. Therefore I pulled all 3 Fico scores today. Previously I only had EQ 625 on 3/25/08, I thought not to bad for where I have been. Today I have new scores, all Fico TU 603, Exp 591, Equ 628. My wife wanted to cry. heck I wanted to cry.

After looking at all my reports, TU,Exp and Equ have similar reports,  4500 bal on 5500 HSBC card, 0 Bal on 1500 Cap 1 card, 0 Bal on 200 Target Guest card. 

As far as utilization goes, I have reshuffled some items.  Transfered 1000 from HSBC  new soon to be Bal 3500, Cap 1 goes up to 1000 Bal but I got CL increase to 2000.  These are the only 2 Credit Cards I own. Good news is I will be able to pay a total of 2200 on 4/1/08 To these 2 Credit Cards.

TU reports 7 total 60 days past due on Suntrust student loans,  5 of these were original and consolidated into the other 2 , Total 7. The first 5 all have 60 days late June/July 2005. They are also showing paid and closed. The next 2 have 60 days late June/July 2007. They are also showing paid and closed. These were sold To Nelnet Feb 08 . I have been current on all obligations since July 2007. They also have a Paid Collection, Debt Recovery Solutions for $69, paid on Nov 6, 2006. This was originally owed to Sprint Ltd. 4 Total inquires, Apr,Aug,Oct,Oct 2007..
    Exp reports 14 total, 7, 60 days late and 7, 30 days late on Suntrust SLoans, and they show them all open. The first 5 show 0 Bal, the next 2 show total 18000 bal. Also on this report Nelnet is showing 2 accounts with 18000 Bal,these are the same as the 2 suntrust accounts with balances. One more thing the late dates on the first 5 suntrust accounts are Jan/Feb 2006 as opposed to TU which has them at Jun/Jul 2005. They also have the paid collection DRS for $69 paid 11/06/2006. 5 total inquires Apr,Apr,Aug,Oct,Oct 2007.
    Equ reports 14 total, 7, 60 days late and 7, 30 days late on Suntrust  Sloans, all open and paid 0 Bal. The late dates are first 5 Suntrust Jan/Feb 2006, Next 2 Suntrust are Jun/Jul 2007. Nelnet never late, 18000 Bal. No collections thus Im guessing the better score. 2 total inquires Aug,Oct 2007.

Well guys and gals Thats It Nothing More Nothing Less.What am I looking for?, Is there anything I can do to better the situation. How can I get better Fico scores, What am I missing what am I not doing.
Anything Hopefull for our Mortgage dream.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
movinonup

Re: Help With Fico's

Im guessing its safe to say, Ill just need to wait these problems out for now.
Or have I posted in the wrong spot.
Message 2 of 7
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

movinonup wrote:
Hello everyone, I will try to be as accurate as possible. My family and I are trying to raise my ficos enough to qualify for a mortgage on a mobile home. Therefore I pulled all 3 Fico scores today. Previously I only had EQ 625 on 3/25/08, I thought not to bad for where I have been. Today I have new scores, all Fico TU 603, Exp 591, Equ 628. My wife wanted to cry. heck I wanted to cry.

After looking at all my reports, TU,Exp and Equ have similar reports,  4500 bal on 5500 HSBC card, 0 Bal on 1500 Cap 1 card, 0 Bal on 200 Target Guest card. 

As far as utilization goes, I have reshuffled some items.  Transfered 1000 from HSBC  new soon to be Bal 3500, Cap 1 goes up to 1000 Bal but I got CL increase to 2000.  These are the only 2 Credit Cards I own. Good news is I will be able to pay a total of 2200 on 4/1/08 To these 2 Credit Cards.   

TU reports 7 total 60 days past due on Suntrust student loans,  5 of these were original and consolidated into the other 2 , Total 7. The first 5 all have 60 days late June/July 2005. They are also showing paid and closed. The next 2 have 60 days late June/July 2007. They are also showing paid and closed. These were sold To Nelnet Feb 08 . I have been current on all obligations since July 2007. They also have a Paid Collection, Debt Recovery Solutions for $69, paid on Nov 6, 2006. This was originally owed to Sprint Ltd. 4 Total inquires, Apr,Aug,Oct,Oct 2007..
    Exp reports 14 total, 7, 60 days late and 7, 30 days late on Suntrust SLoans, and they show them all open. The first 5 show 0 Bal, the next 2 show total 18000 bal. Also on this report Nelnet is showing 2 accounts with 18000 Bal,these are the same as the 2 suntrust accounts with balances. One more thing the late dates on the first 5 suntrust accounts are Jan/Feb 2006 as opposed to TU which has them at Jun/Jul 2005. They also have the paid collection DRS for $69 paid 11/06/2006. 5 total inquires Apr,Apr,Aug,Oct,Oct 2007.
    Equ reports 14 total, 7, 60 days late and 7, 30 days late on Suntrust  Sloans, all open and paid 0 Bal. The late dates are first 5 Suntrust Jan/Feb 2006, Next 2 Suntrust are Jun/Jul 2007. Nelnet never late, 18000 Bal. No collections thus Im guessing the better score. 2 total inquires Aug,Oct 2007.

Well guys and gals Thats It Nothing More Nothing Less.What am I looking for?, Is there anything I can do to better the situation. How can I get better Fico scores, What am I missing what am I not doing.
Anything Hopefull for our Mortgage dream.

Hi Movin, welcome to the forums. As you can see it is a bit slow here today. I tried reading your post put it was in difficult format. Try breaking it up a bit. From what I gather your best bet to get your scores to bump up would be paying a big chunk to that cc. You should also start writing GW letters for the all the lates. Your inqs on TU will be 1 year old so they won't hurt as much. Keep paying everything on time faithfully. All of these things will raise your score but it won't happen overnight, it'll prolly take a few months. You are headed in the right direction!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I figure correctly, you have 58% util. Decreasing this will help a lot from what I have read. You want it between 1-9%.

The older lates are, the less they will affect your score. Try sending a GW letter to have any lates removed. Skip any over 2 years old, work on more recent lates first.

What is the date on the paid collection? Should it be falling off soon? Try sending a GW for this also.

The inquiries will not have much affect on your score once they reach 1 year old, will fall off at 2 years old.

I was kinda confused about what you wrote for Experian. If anything is incorrect, try to get it fixed. If loans are showed as open and should be closed, get this to report correctly.

If Nelnet is the current owner of your loans, Suntrust should show them closed/paid/charged off/sent to collections, whatever the case was.

Other than getting the collection removed and lates removed, only thing I can see for you to do is to continue paying on time and it will rise.

ETA: scramblingin types faster than me.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-29-2008 05:16 PM
Message 4 of 7
kilowatt1

Smiley Surprised  In addition to what has been posted, you could put $1900.00 toward the HSBC card which will bring it's utilization down to 29%. Then apply the remaining $300.00 toward the Cap1 card which will bring it down to 35% utilization. Once you do this then you should see a pretty nice jump in your scores since you will be going from a combined 58% utilization down to a 30% combined utilization. (generally there is a sizeable increase once you break under 30%).

Hope this helps.

Kilowatt
Message 5 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Kilowatt, it helps is you break up your paragraphs as it is straining to read your positing. Sorry.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 7
movinonup

Thank you kilowatt,

Quick question... After I make my lump sum payments, should I apply for another credit card to lower my utilizations even more?

Does any one know of any Credit Cards I may be able to qualify for?

I will begin disputing CRA, will this affect any new credit I may request?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.