Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with an almost 10 yr old Cap1 CC still on CR

Look and see if its a charge off, if not and the account is clean, you are good.
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 of these exact types of accounts also. One doesn't bother me so much as it shows all positive information even though it wasn't a positive account. The second account does bother me because it shows my high balance alnost double the credit limit. Should I have this removed or let it be? A CR I have from 5 years ago states "closed at consumers request".From last monthFrom last month

Message 12 of 34
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

If it shows "open - pays as agreed" let it report for as long as they want to let it report.  😀

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So creditors and lenders don't really care about the high limit vs credit limit?

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it actually comes up as closed and then says "pays as agreed" lol

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's initially what confused me, mine also says closed-pays as Agrees which is fine. Usually an account in good standing stays on your report for 10 years

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

And that is what confused me! This account was closed in 2005!

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Who cares, it’s staying on your report longer, which is helping your average age, therefore leave it alone.

You’re high balance being higher than your credit limit really doesn’t mean anything. Maybe you took a CLD voluntarily, people do that. I personally have an account showing that has a high balance five times the credit limit. It’s not hurting anything.
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cared, that's why. I didn't want it to look negative in any fashion as I am rebuilding right now. Thank you for the follow up explanation, as that actually makes sense, and now I won't feel like it would be viewed as potentially negative feedback anymore. I will just let it be.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that’s what I mean by who cares, because it’s actually helping you, so don’t worry about it you are good.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.