Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping a sibling establish credit with nfcu

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: Helping a sibling establish credit with nfcu

Since my brother Credit score was generated to a score of 670 Since the capital one that is my account I made him a AU was added to his report
And there’s another account of the Navy we waiting for it to be added hope that will bring the score to 700
But in the mean time he had no patience and he applied for discover card and they didn’t approved him and Instead they offered a secured credit card wen the Results came back

Now my question is if he does the discover secured credit card is it another hard pull ?

Or just go with open sky secured cc since they soft pull for a new Acct for 6 months and than try discover?
Message 51 of 64
Gmood1
Super Contributor

No, tell him not to apply for any more cards. Let your AU accounts report.

Once his scores level off. Have him to apply for a Navy CC of his own. Wait six months and revisit Discover again.
If he'd waited a little longer, he would have been set.
Now he needs to learn patience. And hold what he's got!
Message 52 of 64
kugel
Valued Contributor

So the navy card is finally reporting how long should he wait before he applies for a card?
Is there any place where you could check the fico score for free besides credit check total?
I know his credit karma score is 757
Message 53 of 64
Gmood1
Super Contributor

He'll need to pull his reports through CCT. If the account is showing on both TU and EQ under CK. There's a good chance its also on EX. I'd spend the 1$ to make sure. Then he can pick up his own Navy CC, when he wants. 

If he doesn't pay rent, make sure to put zero for that. Remember Navy looks at DTI. The lower his DTI, the higher the SL.

Message 54 of 64
kugel
Valued Contributor

The prob he took advantage of CCT A waile ago and not they will charge the full 27$
No rent here
can he include my income on application also ?
I do support him allot
Message 55 of 64
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Change the user name and email on CCT. Basically sign up as a new user. That may allow him to re-up for a $1. No guarantee, but it has worked for me in the past.
He can also get his EX free through Discover. https://www.discover.com/free-credit-score/
Message 56 of 64
kugel
Valued Contributor

Thanks
he tried and it worked with a new user name and email
but the navy does not report yet TU Fico is 716 so wen navy will be added it go Even higher ,
How is the best and quickest way to cancel the Experian trial?
Message 57 of 64
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Directly through the website. If I'm not mistaken. Go to profile, then my membership to cancel. Going off memory here. I know the option is under the profile tab.
Message 58 of 64
kugel
Valued Contributor

I guess not anymore because he can’t find the option to Cancel
After he went to my profile
Message 59 of 64
kugel
Valued Contributor

NFCU Credit App Income Question

My brother who lives in my house will be soon applying for the first navy card he’s building is Credit first time
I did add him a AU on 2 of my cards one card was added to the report and the second card navy will be soon coming up
The score went from zero to 716 Fico ,

Can he put my income on the navy Application ? Since i do support him allot

Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.