Target$700 Smiley Mad
Bank of America Rewards$500 Smiley Mad
Total$135,800 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here is mine, what is yours?

Man, that's enough cards to make my eyes go screwy.  Too many for me; I couldn't imagine managing all of those.  I've only got 8 cards and that seems like too many sometimes.

My goal on my 8 cards was a $10k+ limit on all.  Goal reached on 7/8 of them, but the goal will never be reached as the 8th is Blispay and I have a limit < $10k and they don't do CLIs.  I guess I could close it down and immediately hit my goal...

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is closing my cards, paying off all of my loans (auto, personal, etc) and then paying off my mortgage within 5 years. I will never need credit or acquire debt again!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Man, that's enough cards to make my eyes go screwy.  Too many for me; I couldn't imagine managing all of those.  I've only got 8 cards and that seems like too many sometimes.

My goal on my 8 cards was a $10k+ limit on all.  Goal reached on 7/8 of them, but the goal will never be reached as the 8th is Blispay and I have a limit < $10k and they don't do CLIs.  I guess I could close it down and immediately hit my goal...Funny!! Smiley Very Happy

Red above Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, those are a few cards lol...all well taken care off.  I actually closed PayPal, Overstock and TjMaxx last year.  I might close AMEX ED, Fidelity and Target this year if i don't see an increase. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

My goal is closing my cards, paying off all of my loans (auto, personal, etc) and then paying off my mortgage within 5 years. I will never need credit or acquire debt again!

That's a nice goal!! I don't have debt except for my motgage and student loans Smiley Mad Smiley Mad ($20K) and don't want a car payment ever again, my car still running 100% Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousMy goal is closing my cards, paying off all of my loans (auto, personal, etc) and then paying off my mortgage within 5 years. I will never need credit or acquire debt again!

I don't know anything about you such as your age or lifestyle, but I think it's very difficult to say today if you'll need credit again or not at some point down the line.  Even with your mortgage paid off, how do you know you won't want a different house 10 years from now?  Auto's don't last forever, so no doubt you'll need a new vehicle at some point.  Perhaps you have cash to buy it outright, but if not you'd need a loan. 

While it's nice to think you won't need credit ever in life, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@AnonymousMy goal is closing my cards, paying off all of my loans (auto, personal, etc) and then paying off my mortgage within 5 years. I will never need credit or acquire debt again!

I don't know anything about you such as your age or lifestyle, but I think it's very difficult to say today if you'll need credit again or not at some point down the line.  Even with your mortgage paid off, how do you know you won't want a different house 10 years from now?  Auto's don't last forever, so no doubt you'll need a new vehicle at some point.  Perhaps you have cash to buy it outright, but if not you'd need a loan. 

While it's nice to think you won't need credit ever in life, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Agree!!  Having good credit these days helps in many things. Not sure if you have kids, but if my kid needs help in the future for school loans, or a car etc, is nice to know i'll be able to help him with my good credit. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two CC more than I do. My 11 bank cards average just over $11K, my seven store cards average somewhat over $5500.00. Over all average is $8700.00.

I find it fascinating that you have two cards that blow any of mine out of the water, yet you have cards with very low limits. I've noticed this on a number of signatures. People having the best of the best CC with extremely high CL and a couple of cards with not much of a CL.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be argued that having a few monster limits sometimes can keep other limits from growing.  Some creditors may see a $30k+ limit or two and look at the $1000 line of credit you have with them and simply not want to "compete."  Of course, the converse can also be true... where a low limit card may see CLIs due to the creditor wanting to compete with the other, bigger limits.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  That's a lot!

I'm fairly new to the credit card game (less than 3 years), but so far:

Discover: $1k

Capital One Quicksilver: 3k

jetBlue Barclaycard: $25k

Credit One (I hate this card!) $500

American Express Premier Rewards: Charge Card

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.