Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is the Validation Letter I received

tag
gidget
New Contributor

Here is the Validation Letter I received

"...Regarding validation of the account, according to the interpretation of the FDCPA, upon dispute, we, the collector, must provide the following information: itemization of the amount due, name and address of current and original credit grantor, name of you, the consumer, a statement addressing the dispute, and a statement that the product or service has been provided and if paid was paid after the due date.

Should you ignore this notice, we want to bring certain facts to your attention.  Your credit may be adversely affected with the (Name of CA)..."

"This is an attempt to collect a debt....."  Smiley Indifferent

Two questions here:

1.  They sent me a print out of the items and charges with my name typed in. My address isn't listed, nor is my signature.  Is this proper validation?  Does proper validation even really matter when Experian just takes the CA's word for it anyway?

2.  The CA reported me deliquent again three days after signing the green card (CMRRR).  Is this legal during a dispute?  The CRA entered the dispute the same day the CA reported me again.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here is the Validation Letter I received

A debt validation letter is simply something giving you the type of service date incurred etc... just like you received.  I read a nother post from you and responded.  Is this a valid debt?
Message 2 of 5
gidget
New Contributor

thank you
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
A debt validation letter is simply something giving you the type of service date incurred etc... just like you received.  I read a nother post from you and responded.  Is this a valid debt?

What is the procedure that does require the CA or OC to provide proof (signature) that I did agree to pay said debt?  I have a collection from a utility company that as far as I remember I paid COD. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

daytona18 wrote:

What is the procedure that does require the CA or OC to provide proof (signature) that I did agree to pay said debt?  I have a collection from a utility company that as far as I remember I paid COD. 

There is no proof of signature unless it is a case of fraud.  Even then there is not necessariyly a signature required. I have opened many a credit card accunt online and never produced a signature for an app.

That being said, it the issues is that the debt has beeen paid, it would be up to you to furnish proof of said payment

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.