Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a doozy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a doozy!

I've been paying on a Dell Charge-off since Nov 2006 thru OMS.   I've discovered that OMS had not reported all payments.  And Dell says that OMS hasn't released the money that I've been paying.   And the whole charge off might have been prevented if OMS had reported the payments.   Dell says it was reported as a charge off Jan 2007.   But I have payment statements since Nov 06.   Right now, OMS is trying to figure out if it was an accounting error.  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here's a doozy!

Ride herd on them...if it's an honest error on their part give the the chance to correct it, but if they begin stonewalling you, don't hesitate to take your documentation to your state attorney general's office. What they did is illegal.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update....  OMS has asked to be given until Thursday night to correct the problem.   Dell says that the status of the account wouldn't have changed.   I know in my gut what OMS did is illegal.   I can't find out the exact law I need.  I have contacted several agencies to find out the law /rule# that may apply but I can't get a answer.   My next call is to the State Attorney General.   If anyone knows the law I'm looking for please help me out.     I've tried reading the FCRA but I get lost in all the legal stuff.   Any help would be welcome.   BTW, I wouldn have not known this was happening if I had not pulled my free credit report
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

*bump*    sure could use some help on this one!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.