Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Barry!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hey Barry!!!

TNWM,

With PrivacySssist do you get one score or three scores? If it's three scores, then you probably are getting the Big Threes FAKO scores which, I believe, are using Vantage. If you're getting one score, then it's probably their own "adjusted" scoring system.

My FAKOs are lower than my FICOs. Most people report that condition. But some, like you, do report the opposite where FICOs are higher. That's actually a good thing for you as most lenders still seem to be relying upon FICO scores even if some are dabbling in Vantage.

Message 11 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

The only lender I know that uses vantage is prosper
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,

I have spoken to several creditors since you and I last spoke on the telephone.  I still have not found any that are using non-FICO scores.   So, it appears the Vantage and other non-FICO scores are still a bit of a ruse.
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this answers the question either, but here goes.  I spoke with someone [not very bright] at Transunion last week regarding the way they reported something on my report.  Nevertheless, I started talking FICO and he adamantly informed me that TU does not use FICO scores.  So I guess if you know that a particular creditor pulls TU only, then they would be using TU's scoring system, which I believe is Vantage. 
Message 15 of 26
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hey Brammy....

Questions, questions ...  what would constitute a good plus score?  BOA approved my app for a Visa using Experian's plus score.  BOA's inquiries haven't shown up on my TU or Equifax reports.  Just curious.  And if you would be so kind as to give us some insight into the differences between the Fico and the Plus?  Thanks.
Message 16 of 26
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, but it's me, again.  BOA does use Experian.  They offer credit monitorring from Experian on my banking site.  Also, though I'm not 100% certain, I believe I saw a lot of Experian pulls from BOA on whogavemecredit.com. 

Smiley Happy  Have a happy!

Mercy
Message 17 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MercyMe wrote:
Sorry, but it's me, again.  BOA does use Experian.  They offer credit monitorring from Experian on my banking site.  Also, though I'm not 100% certain, I believe I saw a lot of Experian pulls from BOA on whogavemecredit.com. 

Mercy

Yep. They pull Experian mostly.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not good...I am trying to graduate a secured BofA CC into an unsecured card. My Experian score is in desperate need of some Prozac, it ALWAYS lags all the others.

I'm not surprised...the FAKO score service in PrivacyAssist with BofA also sees the world through crap-colored glasses. Those scores lag FICO by a good 30 to 80 points.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

MercyMe wrote:

Mercy

They do pull their info from experian usually but they probably are using a FICO -based score on info from experian

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.