cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest credit score?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Highest credit score?

So I had a general question... what is the highest transunion FICO 08 score possible? From everything I've read the highest score is 850.. however because of my place of employment I have personally seen someone (actually a few) people with 08 scores of 850+ with the highest being 877.. is the 08 scoring model different?

AMEX BCE ($39,500) CITI AAdvantage ($20,500) Region's Platinum Card ($14,400) Discover IT ($23,000) Macy's ($7,000) Chase FU ($10,000) Barclay's Aviator ($22,000) TU:778 EX: 781 EQ:791
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Contributor

Re: Highest credit score?

FICO releases a family of different models, with each family separated from the previous one by a number of years.  There is the FICO 8 family of models which was released in 2008/2009.  There was the FICO 04 family, released in 2004.  There was the FICO 98 family, released in 1998.  There was FICO 9, released just a couple years ago.

Each family consists of a Classic model, which you can think of as generic, as well as a model aimed at auto lenders (the Auto Enhanced model) and one aimed at CC issuers (the Bankcard Enhanced model).  The AE and BE flavors have a different scoring range from the Classic versions.

For FICO 8 and 9, the Classic model can go up to 850.  But their BE and AE flavors can go up to 900.  When you have seen someone with a FICO 8 of 865 (say) that was either a BE or an AE score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.