cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiw Good Is Free Score Online For Monitoring Your Score?

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Hiw Good Is Free Score Online For Monitoring Your Score?

Hello,

Trying to do a rebuild and want to be able to keep up with my credit scores so I can see progress or what I may be doing wrong. Found FreeCredit Score. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
5 REPLIES 5
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: How Good Is Free Score Online For Monitoring Your Score?

How Good is Free Credit Score Online? Sorry for the typo. Also they are only free for one week Then it’s like 29.99 monthly.

Thanks

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably not good at all. 

On the main page and in their FAQ I don't see any mention at all of the scoring model used, which leads me to believe it is not a FICO score, or it would say so.  Chances are it's a standard useless/irrelevant VS 3.0 score like so many other free sources provide.

For a genuine FICO score for free, head to creditscore.com or creditscorecard.com.  If you sign up for both of those 2 weeks apart, you'll effectively be able to get your EX FICO 8 score for free every 2 weeks (once per month from each source).

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Freecreditscore is Experian, it's FICO 8.

Not sure what you found BBS it's clearly marked on the first page that it's Experian and FICO, and if it's free, it's absolutely FICO 8 along with the rest of the various Experian CMS's that they vomited out over the last 4 years.

It's probably a once a month thing, not sure I pay for the Experian daily at 10/month these days but that's more from curiosity than anything else at this point.

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Freecreditscore is Experian, it's FICO 8.

In the thread title he said Free Score Online so I went to freescoreonline.com, not freecreditscore.

Message 5 of 6
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I’m going to check both of those sites. I knew I would get advise here!

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.