Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm this one seems pretty decent

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Hmmm this one seems pretty decent

http://www.nmbdiamondcards.com/index.php?id=h56769287h#   a little tough on the opening/application fee ($149)  but it seems to come with some perks and a fairly low annual fee. 

Any thoughts on this card?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Re: Hmmm this one seems pretty decent

Interesting card...  I wonder how they determine your credit limit if they don't run a credit check...?  Did you find any info on the deposit?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Any thoughts on this card?"

Secured card from a very poor insitutation. Insane fees. Tried looking for things like the interests and other terms but seems burried well - although without even seeing them I'd expect something like a 30% apr with a 0 day grace period on purchases. Need I say more?
Message 3 of 16
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

• Annual Percentage Rate 19.5% APR
  • Balance Computation Method Average Daily Balance (including new purchases)
  • Annual Fee $59 / yr.
  • Grace Period for Purchases :: None
  • Minimum Finance Charge $0.50

• Starting Score: 475
    Current Score: 649
    Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
    Message 4 of 16
    Boswd
    Valued Contributor

Well it's a secured card so your credit limit is determined by your deposit.  I'm going to keep shopping around, but this one didn't seem too bad after the inital $149 processing/appl fee.   They give you a companion airline ticket,   I wonder how good that is  But  this one will be on the backburner

Thanks guys
    Message 5 of 16
    Tuscani
    Moderator Emeritus

I would try for the Orchard before this.
    Message 6 of 16
    Boswd
    Valued Contributor

I would normally but I had a Merchants Bank. card which was owned by HSBC  go to collections so I'm sure I'm red flagged by them.   The other one I would prefer is BoA but I got turned down about 6 months ago because of too many baddies.   I'm at the tail end of getting my baddies resolved so I don't know if they will take that into new consideration.   Just don't want to unnecessary hits if I think I'm going to ge turned down.
    Message 7 of 16
    Tuscani
    Moderator Emeritus

Boswd wrote:
    I would normally but I had a Merchants Bank. card which was owned by HSBC  go to collections so I'm sure I'm red flagged by them.   The other one I would prefer is BoA but I got turned down about 6 months ago because of too many baddies.   I'm at the tail end of getting my baddies resolved so I don't know if they will take that into new consideration.   Just don't want to unnecessary hits if I think I'm going to ge turned down.

I don't think HSBC has a global blacklist.. The nice thing about the Orchard app is it will only pull a soft for pre-approval.. after pre-approval it will recommend a card (if you qualify) and only pull a hard after you choose one of the cards presented. If you get past the pre-approval I would say you have a 80% chance of getting approved.
    Message 8 of 16
    reily28
    Established Member

I found Orchard to be a good card.
    Message 9 of 16
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

"They give you a companion airline ticket,   I wonder how good that is  But  this one will be on the backburner"

You will have to buy the original tickets through them or some other authorized place. Be ready to pay at least double what you would if you were buying the tickets by yourself elsewhere.
    Message 10 of 16
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.