Did you mean: 

Hmmm this one seems pretty decent

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Hmmm this one seems pretty decent

@Tuscani wrote:

@Boswd wrote:
I would normally but I had a Merchants Bank. card which was owned by HSBC go to collections so I'm sure I'm red flagged by them. The other one I would prefer is BoA but I got turned down about 6 months ago because of too many baddies. I'm at the tail end of getting my baddies resolved so I don't know if they will take that into new consideration. Just don't want to unnecessary hits if I think I'm going to ge turned down.

I don't think HSBC has a global blacklist.. The nice thing about the Orchard app is it will only pull a soft for pre-approval.. after pre-approval it will recommend a card (if you qualify) and only pull a hard after you choose one of the cards presented. If you get past the pre-approval I would say you have a 80% chance of getting approved.

I need one more card at least. Thanks I hadn't heard about the pre-app soft pull. It is worth a shot. Do you know which CRA they do pull by any chance?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got orchard card, they pulled EX report.
Message 12 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got orchard card, they pulled EX report.

$400 credit limit. Imagine that. They gave me 6 times that amount 2 months after declaring BK. Oh well.
Message 13 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Orchard will pull EX or EQ depending on where you live.. EQ is big for Mid-westerners.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the northeast...Orchard pulled my Experian report and approved me for $300 limit (59 AF)...with a 573 score.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have two cards that were charged off by HSBC (Orchard). Guess what I have 2 more now. One with a 750 limit and 0% for 6mo's and 15.99 APR after and another with a 39 annual fee 0% for 6mos and 14.99 after. The limits are lower than my previous cards but Im hoping these will help with getting back on track. So I definitely dont think they have any blacklist.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.