Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy **** Batman!

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Holy **** Batman!

Whoooooo Merry Christmas lol. Congrats!!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 20
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Btw Remedios I just tried the pre qual again and same offer as before for plat/gold cards and the 3k on ED card. Ill have to try in a couple days/ a week to see if theyre sp'ing an older report
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Those late payments hurt!

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
It was a 30 day late reported by Discover in Nov 2016. called to see if I could get it removed early, Disco supervisor said no late was reported and opened dispute. Called last week and another Disco supervisor said late was confirmed and dispute wouldnt go my way so not sure how it got removed but I will most certainly take it
Account is now 2 years and 9 months old. Its my only CC

Gotcha, thanks for the info.  Do you happen to recall the score decrease you saw back when the 30 day late reported and was fresh?  My guess is that at the time it probably hit you for 90-100 points or so and since it aged over 2 years you got back 45-55 of the points already, leaving the remaining 45 that you saw from the removal.  Did you happen to notice 9 months ago if you saw a score increase when it reached 24 months in age?

Message 14 of 20
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Ya it was like 80 points, because its the only TL ive had in my own name but i started in high 700's because of my dads card i was AU on. Ive been steadily going back up and recently got 10-15 points boosts because of cli's. Now that EX ruled in my favor i got the big'n
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 15 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Well that's a buttload of awesome
Congrats 🙌🏽

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
 recently got 10-15 points boosts because of cli's.

Remember that CLIs in and of themselves cannot raise FICO scores.  What they can do by raising the denominator (total credit limits) while keeping the numerator (total balances) the same is reduce utilization percentages.  If the reductions cause thresholds to be crossed, score gains can be realized.  It's just worth pointing out that it wasn't the CLIs that raised your scores, but rather the utilization reduction(s).

Message 17 of 20
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Posting another question rather than new thread: EQ just send me the email that the same dispute for them is resolved but their online service is down and when i called CSR said i need to send in ID verification then ill recieve in writing the answer in 30 days. But I have monthly reports from EX through their service so my question is do i bother sending in the info or just wait till my next round of reports on the 28th this month
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 18 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
Posting another question rather than new thread: EQ just send me the email that the same dispute for them is resolved but their online service is down and when i called CSR said i need to send in ID verification then ill recieve in writing the answer in 30 days. But I have monthly reports from EX through their service so my question is do i bother sending in the info or just wait till my next round of reports on the 28th this month

I would not be sending them anything, it's only three weeks away. It's not like they are famous for keeping customer info safe

CK report should show if collection is still there or not, and they update weekly 

Message 19 of 20
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Thats why I ask here first haha. Thanks Remedios
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.