Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House awarded to my ex wife

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

House awarded to my ex wife

Hello

The house was awarded to my ex wife, after two years of divorce the note still under my name.
I have always my payments on time in all my debts. I recently applied for a mortgage loan to purchase a house and discover that she had been late every single month on the mortgage payment that is under my name. How can I dispute this? What can I do since she does not want to refinance under her name.

Please help me
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: House awarded to my ex wife

arashely wrote:
Hello

The house was awarded to my ex wife, after two years of divorce the note still under my name.
I have always my payments on time in all my debts. I recently applied for a mortgage loan to purchase a house and discover that she had been late every single month on the mortgage payment that is under my name. How can I dispute this? What can I do since she does not want to refinance under her name.

Please help me

Talk to your attorney.  Usually when forced to sign a quit claim the receiving party only has so long to refi in their name or sell the house.  If she violated that she would be in violation of the court order and you may be able to force a sell.  I would do whatever it tool to get her payment habits off of my CR.  Once that is acheived you can ask nicely that the lender remove the lates from you CR as it ws no longer supposed to be under your name.

Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

This gets a bit sticky if there are children involved. Forcing the sale of the house with school age children might bring on more grief than you eliminate here. Everything should have been transferred into your wife's name in the divorce. Lots of incompetent lawyers out there I see. Credit should have been broken out too so that each was no longer responsible for the other anymore. Get after the lawyer.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.