cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housewife Apping for Credit Card - what to use for housing payment?

tag
HappyBuilder42
Valued Member

Housewife Apping for Credit Card - what to use for housing payment?

My wife has a very thin file. I have added her as AU on most of the cards I've acquired since I started rebuilding a couple years ago. Those cards and some some medical collections are the only accounts on her report.

Lately, she has been getting been getting pre-qualified Capital One offers in the email almost weekly.

In applying for this card, I understand she can use my income(probably use 50%), but what does she need to put for housing payment? The mortgage is in my name only, so can she put $0?

Or are there any recommendations on how best to answer income/housing question on credit card apps in general in this situation?

We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion-year-old carbon
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden
1 REPLY 1
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Housewife Apping for Credit Card - what to use for housing payment?

@HappyBuilder42 wrote:

My wife has a very thin file. I have added her as AU on most of the cards I've acquired since I started rebuilding a couple years ago. Those cards and some some medical collections are the only accounts on her report.

Lately, she has been getting been getting pre-qualified Capital One offers in the email almost weekly.

In applying for this card, I understand she can use my income(probably use 50%), but what does she need to put for housing payment? The mortgage is in my name only, so can she put $0?

Or are there any recommendations on how best to answer income/housing question on credit card apps in general in this situation?

Most all major banks allow household income to be used on credit card applications especially with spousal income (is stated right on the app). I have read some credit unions have issues with household income when POI is requested. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.