cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does myFICO Scores affect getting a SBA (Small Business LOAN)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Does myFICO Scores affect getting a SBA (Small Business LOAN)

I am interested in getting a Small Business Loan with the Small Business Administration. I would like to know if anyone knows whether the FICO scores will effect this process? I guess I could contact the SBA, but I am flooded down with school work, cleaning house, and working. Some please help me with this question.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Does myFICO Scores affect getting a SBA (Small Business LOAN)

I have no idea maybe someone else does.
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Short answer is yes. However, commercial lenders/business bankers are interested in other things besides FICO scores.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What else do business lenders look at? Do they wnt to see a great deal of assets? Or a business plan? etc?   I am looking to open a busines sin the coming months as well, and have a good amount of reserve money...

Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

acissej, you are in the right frame of mind here. You mentioned ONE thing that a Comm. Lender loves to hear:

"...have a good amount of reserve money..."

A lender wants to know that you have some skin in the game. No lender wants to be the only one in the transaction taking risk. Get a good, realistic business plan that includes an opening bal. sheet and a proforma (at least three years). A PFS and probably T/Rs as well as collateral is also necessary in most instances.

Check out this site. It's just one of many. Let google be your friend.

http://www.sba.gov/

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.