Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about cell phone approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about cell phone approval?

OK, I am sick and tired of my AT&T (formerly Cingular) phone.  Service is sub-par to say the least in the Washington, DC region.  I want to switch over to Verizon Wireless.  My scores currently are EQ 572, EX 604, TU 636.  Any chance of approval w/out a deposit?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How about cell phone approval?

Barracuda wrote:
OK, I am sick and tired of my AT&T (formerly Cingular) phone.  Service is sub-par to say the least in the Washington, DC region.  I want to switch over to Verizon Wireless.  My scores currently are EQ 572, EX 604, TU 636.  Any chance of approval w/out a deposit?

I have no idea, but you will probably get hit by hard inq.

And I could rant on about Cingular and hard pulls, but the last one aged a year today   Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 09-12-2007 04:19 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm so frustrated with Cingular I'm willing to take the hit of a hard inq. just to drop them.  Contracts up 9/25.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There may not be a requiremnt for deposit with your scores. I f any- I think around 100-200. Not the 500 demanded by cingular almost on anything below 600.

The hard inq will be there. If you can live with that, then give it a try.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon is hardly the better choice then ATT wirelss.

Is your network cingular or old ATT  wireless turned cingular turned att wireless?
If it's the case then switch to new network by visiting the ATT store in your area.
Message 5 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

montana wrote:
Verizon is hardly the better choice then ATT wirelss.

Is your network cingular or old ATT  wireless turned cingular turned att wireless?
If it's the case then switch to new network by visiting the ATT store in your area.

I recently downloaded some AT&T upgrades and my reception really improved
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got the phones, they were Cingular.  This was after the AT&T Wireless buyout.  Now, of course, it has switched to "The New AT&T."  Never did try the software update thing, however I just recently got a new phone (at the no contract price) so do you think I am behind on the updates?
Message 7 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Barracuda wrote:
When I got the phones, they were Cingular.  This was after the AT&T Wireless buyout.  Now, of course, it has switched to "The New AT&T."  Never did try the software update thing, however I just recently got a new phone (at the no contract price) so do you think I am behind on the updates?

I would go to a store and check.  I had my IT guy do mine at work  Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should visit the ATT store and talk about your options there. I would do anything to avoid a new hard inq on my report. Espesially when my life doesn't depend on that inq.
You might need new updates for your device ( phone, smart phone, etc ). Or maybe there is no help. Sure pays to find out. Just don't let them run a inq on your report. These kids are quick to sign you u[p for another 2 years and give you a new phone.
Message 9 of 12
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

don't ever used verizon even home phone , they so suck , I been used verizon 1999 to 2006 when I move another house and call them . they didn't transfer service in 4 month , but the bill keep send to me , I call them to fix it , took me 5 hours and keep transfer line to line , day by day , and can't fix it after all my bill went to collection and report to my CR , try to dispute many time can't remove , My friend and my boss ......... same thing . ............. I hate them forver ..  Now I live with them 7 years in CR . PAID COLLECTION IN FULL .  
YOU CAN TRY WITH T-MOBIL , MY SCORE IS 500 WHEN I OPEN NEW SERVICE NO DEPOSIT .
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.