cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate are the Fico reports that credit card companies offer?

tag
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

How accurate are the Fico reports that credit card companies offer?

I decided to do the free trial today for all 3 Ficos scores from MyFico. I wanted to analyze and track my credit scores as I pay down credit cards and 1 personal loan that I have in the following months.

On the credit report that I received from My Fico it shows that Experian and Equifax account for 9 credit cards and 1 personal loan. On Transunion 7 credit cards and 1 personal loan. Transunion is not showing 2 authorized credit cards that I am on, which is fine.

Barclays shows me Transunion Fico and shows the same as My Fico for accounts 7 credit cards and 1 personal.

Discover Credit Score shows Experian Fico and only shows 7 credit cards and 1 personal, which does match with My Fico.

Discover Credit Card account shows Transunion Fico and shows 7 credit cards and 1 personal, which matches with My Fico.

I do not have a credit card to compare Equifax. But wondering if Discover Credit Score that offers a true Fico is accurate?

2 REPLIES 2
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: How accurate are the Fico reports that credit card companies offer?

Well they should all be accurate since they're all getting their scores from the same source. It's just that lenders only give you a snapshot of your scores on one given day, so days or weeks later, the score can change.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate are the Fico reports that credit card companies offer?

The score is accurate for the time, CRA, and version it was pulled.

I think I recall discussion of discover scorecard not displaying authorized user accounts, so that may account for why you only saw 7 credit cards there. If so, it’s really only useful for the score, as it does not give you full accurate CR data.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.