cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check all my 3 credit scores from all credit bureaus without a HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I check all my 3 credit scores from all credit bureaus without a HP?

Is there a possibility that I can check what all of my 3 scores are from each bureau without getting a ding on my credit report? Also , for pre qualified cards which website do you reccomend for most accurate approval odds?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I check all my 3 credit scores from all credit bureaus without a HP?

Download the Experian app to your phone, set up a free account, then tap on Equifax or Transunion reports and it will offer you a free trial of Credit Works Premium. That will get you all 3 FICO 8 scores plus a number of Experian's other FICO scores, just downgrade in the app within 7 days to continue receiving Experian FICO 8 and monitoring for free.

You can also trigger an offer for $1 on the website but the website likes to offer $4.99 sometimes. You can get around that by making a free account first and then logging into it and it should pop up.

https://usa.experian.com/#/registration?offer=at_fcras100

None of the sites are any good unless its from the creditor directly via a prequal tool. Everything else is marketing.

DOC has compiled a list of prequal checkers: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/view-personalized-credit-card-offers/

Message 2 of 5
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: How can I check all my 3 credit scores from all credit bureaus without a HP?

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a possibility that I can check what all of my 3 scores are from each bureau without getting a ding on my credit report? Also , for pre qualified cards which website do you reccomend for most accurate approval odds?

Just adding to what @Saeren said. There's no ding for you to check your credit report or scores. They're your scores, so you can see them and monitor them without a hard pull. Always.

As for prequal sites, use the site hosted by the credit card issuer. Don't use a third party site like Credit Karma (it's not a prequal, it's an advertisement). For example, if you want a card from Bank of America, use their prequal site. This means that you have to know which cards you want, but that's just a good practice anyway.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

As for prequal sites, use the site hosted by the credit card issuer. Don't use a third party site like Credit Karma (it's not a prequal, it's an advertisement). For example, if you want a card from Bank of America, use their prequal site. This means that you have to know which cards you want, but that's just a good practice anyway.

That is one thing CK is good for. Not the prequals, but to browse through cards available. CK allows you to go match the reported accounts on your credit report to the actual card (e.g. card reports as "AMERICAN EXPRESS" can be matched to BCP). Then they remove those cards from the returned list. I haven't noticed other sites doing this. Maybe they do, and I just missed it.

Not sure if they use the info in any other way, but it does look like I have been seeing cards that are more relevant to my spending habits near the top since matching them. 

Message 4 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

You can also sign up for one of the subscriptions here at MyFICO. This provides all the relevant FICO scores, for all bureaus they are created for. You can get a summary credit report, showing all your open accounts, with the info the bureaus have. The subscription also comes with an Alert service, so while the subscription is active, you get updates here, when items are updated on your bureau file. In those Alerts, if your FICO 8 score changes, that is part of the Alert.

When you don't want to continue, you have enough information, you can pause the subscription, or cancel it.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.