cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an old negative mark off my report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get an old negative mark off my report?

My credit scores are in the low 600's and I am trying anything to see if I can raise them.  I have a derrogatory mark from 1998. Shouldn't that be gone after 7 years.  How do I get it off my report?  Also, I opened an account online (balance transfer offer) and I got dinged for my first payment being late by 48 hours!  I was an honest mistake and the company agreed to overlook it, but now it is showing up on my credit!  HELP!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I get an old negative mark off my report?

what is the derog?  If it is under public record it could be longer CRTP.

On late  send GW and tell them that you called and was told it would not show as late.

to protect yourself everything in writting.....they can say anything on phone & you can't prove it.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is CRTP?  The mark was from student loans.  I took out loans, then moved, didn't pay them until they caught up with me. Then I closed them all (3) by paying them all off. They were in collections at the time. Under descriptions it says: Consumer disputes after resolution.  STudent loan assigned to government.    What the heck??  Thanks for your help!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

absmom wrote:
What is CRTP?  The mark was from student loans.  I took out loans, then moved, didn't pay them until they caught up with me. Then I closed them all (3) by paying them all off. They were in collections at the time. Under descriptions it says: Consumer disputes after resolution.  STudent loan assigned to government.    What the heck??  Thanks for your help!

SOL and CRPT

You will need to send GW  to whoever had you loans. They usually are good about delete

The CRPT will be 7-7.5 years from when you paid

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-12-2007 11:02 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.