cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use price matching on my credit card?

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

How can I use price matching on my credit card?

Hi everyone o/

I am looking into purchasing a new TV. The LG 65 CX tv. (the SKU is LGOLED65CXPUA). So on a most websites this TV is retailing for $2499. I have found it in a couple places for cheaper.

Here's the kicker: I found it on a suspect website called abctvs (link here: https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=OLED65CXPUA) for a mindblowing $1979 which is significantly cheaper than anywhere else.

My question is using my Citi Costco card which offers price matching, how would I go about doing this so I can order it from a reputable dealer, and would they honor it? Also would this hurt the company I bought it from reputably? This is my first time doing something like this, so any savings is great, but not at the cost/detriment of an upstanding business.

Thanks guys Smiley Happy

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: How can I use price matching on my credit card?

This would not involve Citi. You'd call retailer you want to use, tell them you found product cheaper. You can find Price Match policies on retailers sites.

They usually cover the major retailers, and not no name sites. Most who Match Amazon will only cover sold and shipped by Amazon. Not 3rd party, or fulfills by Amazon.

Credit card company would only be involved if they offer Price Protection after purchase. Most don't offer that benefit anymore.

Message 2 of 8
Azza
Regular Contributor

oh no, I didn't know Price Rewind was gone Smiley Sad

That sort of sucks! I kept that at the front of my mind for purchase confidence.
Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 3 of 8
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Azza wrote:
oh no, I didn't know Price Rewind was gone Smiley Sad

That sort of sucks! I kept that at the front of my mind for purchase confidence.

Yep. They killed Price Rewind last September.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a brand new TV that just came out in 2020 and isn't even available on greentoe yet. There is zero chance of getting a discount like that right now. Wait til Black Friday and check greentoe.com to see if you can get an offer closer to what you want to pay. 

https://www.greentoe.com/product/LG_LG_CXPUA_65_Class_HDR_4K_UHD_Smart_OLED_TV_OLED65CXPUA

Greentoe works with authorized sellers who often sell electronics at prices they cannot advertise. So you get a great price and manufacturer warranty is intact. 

Message 5 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Saeren. You're always a wealth of info. First time hearing about this site. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Thanks Saeren. You're always a wealth of info. First time hearing about this site. 

Oh it's great. They even show you how likely they think your offer is to be accepted before you actually submit an offer. Definitely a great place to get a deal if you're flexible about the retailer and you're committed to buy (submitting an offer is a contract to buy - the guaranteed sales are part of the reason why Greentoe is able to get lower prices). 

Message 7 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Amazing! I cant wait to try it. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.