cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you check your high credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you check your high credit score?

How can you check your high credit score? If you can, how are you suppose to read it? How does it work?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try myfico or Equifax (Experian and TransUnion will only...

Try myfico or Equifax (Experian and TransUnion will only give you an Vantage score Smiley Sad  ).

The higher your score the better.  Each creditor will have a different view.  Some cut off the best rates at 720 or higher - others may be 730 or 750.  I'm personally shooting for 800 (just a stupid game I play with myself).  Any bank you deal with should tell you the ranges they look at.

Message Edited by DionLawOffice on 03-15-2007 05:36 PM

Message Edited by DionLawOffice on 03-29-2007 01:48 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

score differences

My score at experian (freecreditreport.com) is 626 but at truecredit it shows my experian score is 570.  Which is more accurate with what the lenders see?  Is the FICO score generally higher or lower than these?
?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

myfico is correct--it's your actual fico score.  True Cre...

myfico is correct--it's your actual fico score.  True Credit is not.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The various third-party scores can be higher or lower --...

The various third-party scores can be higher or lower -- and frequently have different score ranges, making it even more impossible.

I do look at TrueCredit scores, for example, but I don't make application decisions based on them. Instead, I pay attention to when the score changes (as this is frequently the easiest way to spot that something changed).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.