cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?

Hello Everyone, This is my first time in this forum and I would like to know how to get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?  I have tried several times, for them to delete an account that is not mine with several letters to them and to the debt collector, Equifax answers that the account belongs to me and the debt collector doesn't even answers me back.  But the debt continues to appear in Equifax.  Equifax also lists two names under my "other used names" column, names which I never used and have no relation with me at all.  I don't know what else to do.  Do you think a lawyer could help me get this settled once and for all?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?

I have had some success with Equifax by sending a copy of the signed green card from CRRM and a copy of the dv letter along with a letter saying that I have requested verification and the collection agency refused to verify.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?

lorelei wrote:
Hello Everyone, This is my first time in this forum and I would like to know how to get Equifax to delete erronous information from my credit report?  I have tried several times, for them to delete an account that is not mine with several letters to them and to the debt collector, Equifax answers that the account belongs to me and the debt collector doesn't even answers me back.  But the debt continues to appear in Equifax.  Equifax also lists two names under my "other used names" column, names which I never used and have no relation with me at all.  I don't know what else to do.  Do you think a lawyer could help me get this settled once and for all?

you need to send a DV to the CA    CMRRR................copy the letter,the crt # and the green card. Wait 30 days.... If They do not answer with the correct answers    ..try a simple dispute as  *NOT MINE*  it should drop!!!!      If it comes back verified........send a copy of DV letter,GC and CR# to the CRA. Tell the CRA that ( statue#) states that the CA must validat the debt withing 30 days.......the 30 days have past so they COULD NOT validate it and therfore can not legally verify it. Please delete!   IF thats till doesn't work MOV the CRA   CMRRR

You can also send the CA a ITS letter....give them 5 days to remove it from CR or you will notify the FTC and contact an attorney as they are in violation!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.