cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a good account to report on more than one bureau?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get a good account to report on more than one bureau?

I have a clean credit report right now. No negative accounts, 1 paid auto loan, and 1 current auto loan. We took out the two loans 8 and 9 months ago so my history appears very young. Equifax and Experian list the same accounts and information. Transunion reports the same PLUS a student loan from the US Dept. of Education - PAID COLLECTION. It's from over 10 years ago.

My Equifax score is 707 and I don't know what the other two are. Equifax's ScorePower says that my score is negatively affected by having ONLY new history. Will having the US Dept of Ed - Paid Collection reported help my score at all because it gives me a LOT of history instantly?

I've been planning to wait until March to get scores from all three bureaus (from myFICO.com) and see for myself, if the Transunion score is higher. If it is, I was going to call the US Dept of Ed and ask them to report that account on all three bureaus and not just Transunion. Can I just call them? Do you think they'll do it?

Does that sound all right? Do you know if it will hurt more than help? It's a 12 year old student loan that has been paid off for over 10 years now.

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get a good account to report on more than one bureau?

*bumping* since I saw someone mention history being 35% of total credit score.

I have an 8-9 month good history now. If I ask  for a 10+ year old student loan to be reported, will it help? It's "US Dept of Ed - Paid Collection." I know the history will help but will the "Paid Collection" hurt more?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you rehab this account before paying it off?

reformedfamilyman wrote:
*bumping* since I saw someone mention history being 35% of total credit score.

I have an 8-9 month good history now. If I ask  for a 10+ year old student loan to be reported, will it help? It's "US Dept of Ed - Paid Collection." I know the history will help but will the "Paid Collection" hurt more?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No - why does it matter? It already shows as "Paid Collection." It was over 10 years ago. I can't change how it's listed so my only question is: Can the "10+ years" history surpass the fact that it's a very old, paid collection?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.