cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do creditors see CR's with just AU Accounts....

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: How do creditors see CR's with just AU Accounts....

Yeah, sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to make sure you're informed. On the bright side, once your BK is done, you'll have no problem getting credit in 6-12 months. Start with the usual suspects, cap1, discover, secured cards. Honestly, you probably won't need a secured card depending on if you burned cap and disco, and for how much.

Message 11 of 22
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I burned Cap one for about 45k so not sure I will get back in with them. I am a member of NFCU so I plan on trying for their secured card a few months post bk discharge.

Message 12 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Oh, you'll get back in. It may take a year or more with that balance, but they always let people back in as long as you didn't bounce any payments.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still stuck back on the post about a 51-year account. That's an amazing stat.

Message 14 of 22
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Yea ... seeing 1969 on the card is cool

Message 15 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Andy77 wrote:

Yea its neat... opened 1969...... my mother told me my aunt added her as an AU when she filed a bk in 1991.  I am not sure how the account survived all these years since my aunt passed away.

Lolwut

Message 16 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm curious, how can your mom who happens to be an AU on the account of a deceased person add another AU

Message 17 of 22
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I could be mistaken and maybe my mother was on the account as a joint account. 

I just thought when my mother filed Ch 11 in 1991 the court would have closed that joint account , but maybe not 

Message 18 of 22
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I can say this - and I’m not expert by any means - I put my Mom on my 3 oldest accounts a several months ago when my Dad passed wash help boost her credit. She had no credit profile at all because everything had always been in Dad’s name. My cards raised her score 119 points instantly. After a few months of reporting, she got an offer from Cap 1 and she opened a Cap 1 Platinum. After a few months of that being open, she applied for the Chase Amazon card and got it with a $1500 limit. IDK if she could have got them without being added an as AU, but now Indigo, Ollo, Credit One, First Progress, Mercury and others are hounding the crap out of her. 😂 I told her to let these two grow and use them just to help build her credit. She didn’t understand it because kept saying “I don’t need credit cards” which she doesn’t, but seeing her score jump from 550’s to 680’s in less than 6 months made her a believer.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

While a persona may not need to sue credit cards, ever. I have a weird feeling that a credit score will have a far greater impact in the future, than just getting credit...

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.