cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find out who is pulling TU report?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

How do you find out who is pulling TU report?

So I wasted $17 on Transunion Credit report from TU, thinking that is how I found out who is Soft pulling me w/regards to TU, but of course that doesn't show it, nor does the MYFICO report.  I know alot of you speak of seeing Barclay's etc., softpulling daily or weekly or monthly or what not, but yet to find out what service provides this or how to obtain this.  I know how to do this with Experian, but TU I just can't figure out.  Can someone please share how to figure this out?  Thank you.  I also appologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: How do you find out who is pulling TU report?

I sent you a personal message hope it helps.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Read and replied and appreciate the PM and the info... Still looking for possible more answers to this so please speak upSmiley Happy.  Thanks

Message 3 of 14
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Buying a report directly from TU will show that. Or if you go through their online dispute portal, that will also display the SP.

Message 4 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Boiught a report for TU, I can't find for the life of me soft pulls, I do see the hard pulls though and vantage score lol and accounts etc., if you can explain where it is on my purchaes I wouuld love to knowSmiley Happy.  I have heard about the dispute route of various CRA's, but isn't there a better way?  I feel if potential lenders can SP me, I should know who they are, etc... Seems fair to meSmiley Happy.  Thanks for the info though as well!

Message 5 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Buying a report directly from TU will show that. Or if you go through their online dispute portal, that will also display the SP.

+1

Message 6 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm I must be blind as I am not seeing on the report I just bought from TU.  If I gotta do dispute route which I consider "gray" area, then I might consider it.. Thanks all for the answers.

Message 7 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Boiught a report for TU, I can't find for the life of me soft pulls, I do see the hard pulls though and vantage score lol and accounts etc., if you can explain where it is on my purchaes I wouuld love to knowSmiley Happy.  I have heard about the dispute route of various CRA's, but isn't there a better way?  I feel if potential lenders can SP me, I should know who they are, etc... Seems fair to meSmiley Happy.  Thanks for the info though as well!

Did you buy it directly from TU if not that may be why. Everytime I have gotten it from TU they show. I have never bought it here so I don't know if it shows here.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 14
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

You probably purchased the report that their monitoring service provides. You want the plain credit report. No score included.
Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Heynard, you are correct that is what i bought.  I couldn't find out how to just buy the report, is that no longer available?  I looked and looked for the link, but they were pushing the monitoring and BS score service that charges monthly, obviously i cancelled resub monthly after purchase as it is worthless imo.  Have a link for normal report purchase as I couldnt find it...  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.