Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle the frustration?

tag
jons998877
Regular Contributor

How do you handle the frustration?

I feel like right now there is really nothing I can do but wait.. I have 13 negatives on my CRs, 8 which will fall off by this fall because of the 7 year window and 2 that I did a PFD within the last 10 days... And the other 3 accounts are paid accounts that will not fall off until 2023 and I have had no luck with GW..

I have my 3 CC's and an installment loan and utilization is usually 0%..

So right now I feel like I am just playing a waiting game, waiting for the 10 negative accounts to fall off to see where my scores go, currently 582/589/599... And infortunately I feel like I am obsessed and getting frustrated with this waiting game.. Might send out another round of GW letters in a few weeks.. grrrrr

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you handle the frustration?

Time is the only thing that resolves these things because you literally need months of good data points to water down the bad ones. For now, just focus on creating solid history. I bounced back from a 590 credit score and in 12 months of solid behavior, my score jumped 100 points. You'll be fine - just be patient.

Message 2 of 34
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Jons....yes...been there done that as well....the only thing that worked for me, was to ignore it all and concentrate on paying everything on time...I fixed what I could but then you have to let your "garden" grow.

I can only say that it will get better and you will see a nice rebound in the near future once you get the monkey off your back.

I had a BK, tax lien, and a home that almost went into foreclosure...so you can guess my scores were horrible! I now sit at 750+....yes, it took some time, but I stuck to my plan and it worked....it will for you too.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, you said you had no luck with GW.  My question is how many attempts did you make?  It can take a ton of rounds.  There are 2 creditors that each required between 50-100 GW letters before I finally got a "yes" response.  I'm not sure how much effort you put into GW thus far, but you should continue to hammer away at it.

You could request early exclusion for the items due to fall off this fall.  Sometimes they'll drop (around 6 months) early if you do that.  With the presence of other major negatives though, I wouldn't expect any real score gains with those accounts falling off.

Message 4 of 34
jons998877
Regular Contributor

I have sent out two rounds of GW letters, most recently about two weeks ago... sent letters to 13 different people at Ford Motor Credit, a few to LVNV and one to Navient.. I guess my plan now is to maybe send one each week and see what happens..

Ford is a paid charge off with 30 and 60 day lates

Navient has 7 120 day lates from 2014 and 2016

LVNV was paid last week

Which is why I am not really worried about doing the EE with the stuff that drops this year, some should start falling in June

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 5 of 34
calyx
Super Contributor

The last of my derogs will fall off at the end of the summer.
I am not the most patient person in the world, and I knew that there was a 7 year window.  I waited until 8 years after my divorce to even address my credit.   I realize this was probably a stupid idea, but I could afford to cash-only my life and I did it.   So yeah, how did I handle it?  By ignoring it until the 11th hour.

^Not recommended, but hey, it worked Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jons998877 wrote:

I feel like right now there is really nothing I can do but wait.. I have 13 negatives on my CRs, 8 which will fall off by this fall because of the 7 year window and 2 that I did a PFD within the last 10 days... And the other 3 accounts are paid accounts that will not fall off until 2023 and I have had no luck with GW..

I have my 3 CC's and an installment loan and utilization is usually 0%..

So right now I feel like I am just playing a waiting game, waiting for the 10 negative accounts to fall off to see where my scores go, currently 582/589/599... And infortunately I feel like I am obsessed and getting frustrated with this waiting game.. Might send out another round of GW letters in a few weeks.. grrrrr

The way I would handle it is channel my frustration into sending verification letters to the bureaus, for select items. Sometimes that precipitates an item's falling off the reports.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also want to try the AZEO method with your credit cards. You can search for it in the forum. Basically its pay all cards to 0 but 1 card BEFORE statements cut. Let the 1 card report below 8.9% of its credit limit for its statement, then you can pay that to 0 if you want.

You may be surprised by gaining some points that way Smiley Happy I have 16 lates that are due to fall off in 2020, and 2021. I have learned patience through setting goals both short term and long term. It really does help!
Message 8 of 34
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

OP, if you decide to try the AZEO method, make sure the card you leave a balance on is not Chase card. Chase will report a paid to zero balance immediately and you'll lose some points. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 34
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It is what it is. I waited 2 years for my derogatoriea to age so that I could even get new credit. I added almost everything in my sig in the last year along with 2 loans and a car. Now, I'm paying off the 2 loans and paying down everything else and have to sit around for another year to age my accounts and inquiries. It sucks, but I've positioned myself to get out of starter limit hell by october, hopefully.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.