Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does authorized user show up in credit report

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

How does authorized user show up in credit report

How does authorized user show up in credit report?

Let's say that I would be added to my partner's Chase credit card as an authorized user to help with initial sign up bonus spend between 7/1 and 8/15. I will then be removed as authorized user on 8/15. How will this show up on my credit report? 

Will this show up as a closed new account for 45 days and stay on my report permanently? Or would it disappear on my credit report after a certain period of time once I am removed as an authorized user?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: How does authorized user show up in credit report

@csryang wrote:

Let's say that I would be added to my partner's Chase credit card as an authorized user to help with initial sign up bonus spend between 7/1 and 8/15. I will then be removed as authorized user on 8/15. How will this show up on my credit report? 

Will this show up as a closed new account for 45 days and stay on my report permanently? Or would it disappear on my credit report after a certain period of time once I am removed as an authorized user?

Not sure but instead of playing  with Chase for  45 days why not just help your partner pay for their charges so they meet their sub? Makes no sense to me but maybe im seeing things wrong?

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How does authorized user show up in credit report

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Not sure but instead of playing  with Chase for  45 days why not just help your partner pay for their charges so they meet their sub? Makes no sense to me but maybe im seeing things wrong?

@AverageJoesCredit- that wasn't the OP's question.  The OP didn't ask how they should help their partner with the charges or play with Chase for 45 days.  The OP asked about AU reporting.

@csryang- if you are added as an AU (assuming you and your partner share the same address), Chase will report the account once it cycles.  That said, when your partner contacts them to remove you, then it will likely display on your CRs as "terminated" and it will no longer report further activity from that point. To fully remove it from your CRs, then you would need to go through the dispute process.  So, adding the account can definitely impact your AAoA because it will reflect as a new tradeline on your CRs and things like score metrics may have its impacts too.

Just something to consider.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.