Anonymous
Not applicable

How does one "lock his reports"

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: How does one "lock his reports"

Here you go and for others who have the same question..

For free you can use these two sites to lock your reports:

EQUIFAX-LOCK https://www.equifax.com/personal/products/credit/credit-lock-alert/
TRANSUNION LOCK https://www.trueidentity.com/

With Experian I know if you have an account you can lock your report on the dashboard.

Super easy with all three all you do is push a button to lock or unlock.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u, one more question... when I'm trying to do the shopping cart trick oh, I know that it's essential that you have the same information that you have on your credit report. On my Equifax credit report it has my middle initial oh, but on my TransUnion it just says my name with no middle initial. I am having zero luck with a shopping cart trick oh, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with that. Thanks in advance for any support
Message 3 of 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank u, one more question... when I'm trying to do the shopping cart trick oh, I know that it's essential that you have the same information that you have on your credit report. On my Equifax credit report it has my middle initial oh, but on my TransUnion it just says my name with no middle initial. I am having zero luck with a shopping cart trick oh, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with that. Thanks in advance for any support

I have really per se not went on a sct spree. I tried a couple of times with overstock but never got the popup. I ended up cold apping and got approved. BUT once shopping (last year) at HSN from Comentity I did get a popup and applied and got the HSN card. Originally when people were all excited about the SCT was because they ended in soft pull approvals which is cool but nowadays most creditors seem to do hardpulls.

It seems to be a popular opinion though that your cra info must be exact in order to achieve success. One thing which can help you is to try and find out what bureau is most likely to be pulled for credit checking and enter your exact info for that particular card.

You can get a good idea of what bureaus creditor use by doing a search through these threads or google.

Some creditors have a higher percentage of what bureaus they pull from and also for the state you are applying from is also a factor.

Message 4 of 6
Ricky_D
Contributor

It is better to Freeze your reports.  A lock is easy to get around.   A Freeze requires an extra step of an assigned code only you will know.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did this recently. The only ones that gave me the pop-up was Express and Vicoria's Secret. Put $250 in the cart and go thought the checkout process slowly. After putting in name and address give it a good 2 minutes to find you in the database. Newegg seams super easy to get right now also. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.