cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Equifax will update? Desperate for Car Loan!

tag
Trott
Established Member

How long before Equifax will update? Desperate for Car Loan!

my score took a 35 point hit and went down to 693 because Nymeo listed a late,payment in error. I disputed through Equifax and Nymeo still verified it as incorrect! After exhaustive emails back and forth,providing them with record of every payment I made since I purchased the car, they emailed me on Friday stating my payment was erroneously out into a savings account (which I don't even have there!) and was later applied to my payment when the error was discovered on their end. They apologized and sad they had sent Equifax the correct info on friday of no late payments...sorry to be so long winded! I am n desperate need of a new car! I have 3 questions:

1. How long do you think it will take for Equifax to update this info?

2. Should I expect to gain back the 35 points?

3 is there anything I can do,to,speed up,the process? 

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: How long before Equifax will update? Desperate for Car Loan!

They always say up to 30 days but I's say the reality is give it a week or even a few days. Theoretically, the points should be gained back.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.