cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for AU to be removed off credit report?

tag
Samac
Regular Contributor

How long for AU to be removed off credit report?

So. My dad racked up a lot of debt on a gas card that j was an authorized user on. He's decided at the cost of his credit he's going through a company to settle the debts. I immediately told him to remove me off the account when he told me he was considering the program.
That was a month ago, but it's still showing up on my credit report. How long can it take to disappear? Or are they going to keep it on my report and I'm just screwed? I have pretty good credit, and I really don't want a settlement and close reported on my report.....
7 REPLIES 7
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: How long for AU to be removed off credit report?

You need to disputed the CC through the credit bureaus ! I can removed in as little as a phone call...Get on it ! Could be gone now !
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

You can dispute the TL with the CRAs, since you are not responsible for the account.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Dispute sounds like the way to go here.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There isn't a universal timeframe. It depends on when the creditor reports the change and how long the CRA's take to update after receiving the updates.  If your they have reported/updated and the TL reports terminated or similar you can dispute.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife closed a shell gas card that I was an AU on 6 months ago and it still shows open on my reports.

I disputed it and it still shows open with a remark that it was closed by consumer.

Message 6 of 8
Samac
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!
It's just on Transunion so it shouldn't be too hard to dispute on that. I just didn't know if eventually it would have went off. The citi shell card I was on went away but the Sync BP card didn't. I'll call and dispute!
Message 7 of 8
Samac
Regular Contributor

Disputed online with Transunion and it was deleted, thanks for your all's help!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.