cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait for EQ & TU to update?

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

How long should I wait for EQ & TU to update?

My Discover finally reported on the 5th, and utilization went from 66% to 1%. All others are at zero. I'm doing AZEO because I'd like to apply for two new cards. I got a 3B report (& subscription) from myFico yesterday, and sure enough my Experian score updated to the new balance & my score increased 20pts, but the other two have not. My Experian subscription and CK don't update until next week, and I have no idea if EQ & TU have updated yet. Is there another way to check? I have been waiting all month for this and I'm getting impatient lol. I realize my scores are probably good as they are, but I don't want that high utilization reporting. I'd also like to have all my scores as optimized as possible so that I can get a decent limit.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: How long should I wait for EQ & TU to update?

For me, EQ updates 2-3 days after EX; TU approx 3 days after EQ. It's annoying how slow they are.

The WalletHub app will give you a daily TU report for free - the score is Vantage but at least you'll know when the balance updates. As for EQ, the only place to get a daily report is from the Equifax website - it gives the EQ score (not FICO) and allows daily report pulls - but it's not free. I believe there is currently a $4.99 trial for 30 days offering for their Premier service product... you could do that and then cancel before the trial ends. Or just assume that when TU updates, EQ has likely updated as well.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 4
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Gah, the waiting truly is the hardest part. Usually everything updates within 5 days for me- usually just after I've obsessed and looked up every service. What are you apping for!?

Message 3 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Seriously!!! I’m trying hard to be patient. I’m getting the Citi Costco VISA. I really wanted Uber but I have a young file and likely won’t get it (or I’ll get a ridiculously low SL). But after looking at the Costco card, it’s just as good and actually fits my spending better. Second card will likely be AMEX Gold.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.